The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray thoughts..

MrHanky

I am starting to think about getting a respray as my paintwork is starting to look a little tired in places.

Thing is I cannot decide whether or not to just go for silver again or a different colour.

I have not got any quotes yet but im guessing that there is a substantial difference between going for the same sort of colour and changing totally and having to take everything out the car.

I do quite like the silver but there are so many silver cars and I really like a few other colours such as red, white and dark blue.

So in short what are your opinions on colour for my car? and can people recommend some good places to get some quotes from?

Also should I go for new bumper or stick with stock and skirt?

Thanks

Mark

Odin1.jpg

OdinSide Rear.jpg

DSC00009.JPG

I'd personally go for a real striking Dark Blue mate, perhaps a fliptone colour with a hint of Gold or something.

Not sure about garages really near your area, but PL Carbodies in Warwick, West Midlands are absolutely brilliant mate. Their work is top notch, they do all the insurance repairs for BMW/Lotus and Prestige cars and they're reasonably priced too. :)

Oh, and get a TS front on there! ;)

After some serious thinking I have decided to go for gun metal grey.... :)

Just kidding, I wouldn't be caught dead with that colour :p

I am going to have a good look at what colours there are out there and see if I can figure out photoshop. I could do with Forza 2 so that I can mess around with colours on a Supra.

Is it just me or is Gunmetal the new Silver for Supra's? ;)

Not saying it doesn't look stunning but you need to choose something a bit more original.

Someone else on here quite recently was talking about Candy apple red, don't know if they went for it or not but again it'll become more common.

Something I've very rarely seen on a Sup is the purple mentioned earlier. I know its common place on certain Nissans but other than the Do-Luck Sup I've not really seen it on one. Would look stunning with your kit and a carefully chosen set of wheels mate!

p.s. Watch this next post there'll be fifteen bloody pics of Sup's in Purple! [GRIN][/GRIN]:D

Is it just me or is Gunmetal the new Silver for Supra's? ;)

Not saying it doesn't look stunning but you need to choose something a bit more original.

Someone else on here quite recently was talking about Candy apple red, don't know if they went for it or not but again it'll become more common.

Something I've very rarely seen on a Sup is the purple mentioned earlier. I know its common place on certain Nissans but other than the Do-Luck Sup I've not really seen it on one. Would look stunning with your kit and a carefully chosen set of wheels mate!

p.s. Watch this next post there'll be fifteen bloody pics of Sup's in Purple! [GRIN][/GRIN]:D

Lol. I know what you mean about common colours. But the gunmetal and candy reds are very nice. Purple is ok but not really my thing, and I really like my wheels so I want to go for a colour that compliments them :)

Lol. I know what you mean about common colours. But the gunmetal and candy reds are very nice. Purple is ok but not really my thing, and I really like my wheels so I want to go for a colour that compliments them :)

That'll be a no then! :D

In my opinion you've got a very smooth/curvacious kit (no many supra's that don't)so I would go with a classy deep colour. If your thinking Gunmetal or Candy then your on the same wavelength.

Now you've just gotta find an original colour but still classy with a real depth to the paint finish. Green? Lol

That'll be a no then! :D

In my opinion you've got a very smooth/curvacious kit (no many supra's that don't)so I would go with a classy deep colour. If your thinking Gunmetal or Candy then your on the same wavelength.

Now you've just gotta find an original colour but still classy with a real depth to the paint finish. Green? Lol

I agree that a deeper colour would be better

Just not green though :)

I say go for it, look at some of the high end cars as they have some fantastic subtle colours, don't go gunmetal if you want to be original ;) Also do it properly, there is nothing worse than popping your engine bay at a show and finding a gorgeous paint job with the original colour in the engine bay :(