The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk spec upgrades... what next?

stylieee

looking for a bit of advice on what to do next with my UK TT6 (performence wise)...

current mods:

thor fcd

manual boost controller

greddy hyper evo 2 with double decat

mami gt FMIC

os giken tripple plate clutch

AEM true-time cam gears

I've also got a won nitrous kit that im considering installing.

What supporting mods would i need to go with a t61 single kit?

or would hybrids be more bang for my buck considering that i guess the uk fuel setup is already good enough for them?

cheers,

Matt.

A piggyback fuel controller / ECU might help release a few cheap horses, you could use it with the single too.

Standard fuelling should be OK for a T61 at sensible boost levels, I wouldn't bother with hybrids, you'll only want a single later anyway.

I am going to disagree (for the time being, might change when I do finally get my car back) but with a decent setup and hybrids you can get to 450+ bhp on hybrids.

And I'll disagree with you in return, with a decent setup and a single you can get 1000bhp+

What's your point?

depending on the use of the car, what he expects and wants, 450 - 500 could be more than enough. Why spend so much extra on a single setup when hybrids are an option as well. And then there is a NOS kit ontop of that.

1000bhp road car is probably a little too much.

depending on the use of the car, what he expects and wants, 450 - 500 could be more than enough. Why spend so much extra on a single setup when hybrids are an option as well. And then there is a NOS kit ontop of that.

1000bhp road car is probably a little too much.

Completely agree. It's a fact that 600+ cars simply can't put down the power. Why did Jamie go from a T88 to the 4088 - the above reason iirc. Just no need for a silly BHP level when it's nigh impossible to use on the roads. Fine if you're a Dyno Diva I suppose. Just look at what happened at the POD. I had to laugh when I saw stock TTs and BPUs beating the large singles - sometimes by 1+secs.

A small single would definitely be good, but I agree that a nicely setup hybrid install is a good way to get a little more power and a little more reliability. :)

so what sort of power would i be likely to see with a t61 with pigyback ecu and standard fueling?

i've got no exact power goal in sight. just to be daily drivable, and to regularly embarras my mates r33 liner thats just topping 400bhp.

either way im thinking budget here... so will be looking for 2nd hand parts. maybe £1500-£2000 worth of them. of course if i could pick up some bargain hybrids and just drop them in though for a lot less id certainly consider it.

How are your suspension and brake components, if they are a little tired you will be slower than a less powerful but better handling and stopping car.

Yes was going to mention that, the UK Brake Set up is good enough I think, but for the money I rate the TEIN Super Street set-up very highly.

Would also consider an electronic boost controller over a manual one, much easier to control and handle spikes, again recommend the Greddy Profec Spec B, got mine off Ebay for under £200, and my Emanage Blue was also on Ebay job for under £200.

Is the Ultimate that much better than the Blue then..? I have a Blue (not fitted yet) and was advised that for a Supra a Blue was fine and will run a small single or Hybrids with ease as its only really fueling you need to adjust.

TBH mate, I don't really see the value of the added features on th EMU over the Blue, but then I'm not technically minded. I was also recommended the EManage Blue for getting the most out of my hybrids with 550s, as 'apparently' (have it on good word though) the Blue has less issues and is easier to map. Like you said, all you need to do is trim down the fuelling so a Blue will easily suffice. Just a little bit of extra future proofing I suppose by opting for the EMU. :)