The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rough Price Guide for my Car?

Sheefa

Sadly, she really does have to go due to an excessive amount of debt. £10k loan, £7k on credit cards and £12k student loan! :(

I will be completing the Dragonball this year, of course :eyebrows: but following that and providing all goes well on the tour, she'll be up for sale when my insurance expires in July.

Everyone knows I have had problems with this car, quite a lot and some were self inflicted, minor midlands gumball crash that took out my Radiator and FMIC, but I'm confident she's now up and running beautifully. We'll see Sunday.:innocent:

Just wondering what I can get for her, would be nice to recoup £1000 of the £6000 I've spent in 8 months!

Just had a full service by Turbofit with new fluids all round, new Radiator upper pipe, new restrictor ring etc. Compression Test proved engine was running perfectly at 150-152psi per cyclinder. Results from leakdown test will be posted Sunday. :)

Spec as follows:

Black J-Spec(K-Reg 1993) Supra Hybrid Twin Turbo

Engine Specifications:

FULL ENGINE REPLACEMENT IN AUGUST 2005 BY GBH MOTORSPORT - ENGINE NOW COVERED A GENUINE 40,000 Miles

Turbocharger & Induction:

TURBOTECHNICS HYBRID TURBOS WITH 4000 MILES ON THEM – FITTED APRIL 2007 BY TURBOFIT

GREDDY 2-ROW SPEC-M FRONT MOUNTED INTERCOOLER WITH HARD PIPE KIT - FITTED DECEMBER 2006

KOYO PERFORMANCE RADIATOR - FITTED DECEMBER 2006

BLITZ SUS INDUCTION KIT WITH HEAT SHIELD

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

UPRATED WALBRO FUEL PUMP

BLITZ SEQUENTIAL BOOST CONTROLLER

FCD AND SPEED DELIMITER

1.2 BAR RESTIRCTOR RING

Exhaust:

FULLY DECATTED STAINLESS STEEL HKS SUPER DRAGGER EXHAUST

Drivetrain:

STANDARD

Weight Reduction & Transfer:

TRD CHROME STRUT BRACE

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

BILSTEIN AND EIBACH SETUP - NO WEAR, LEAKS OR KNOCKS

17" AFTERMARKET ALLOYS WITH PIRELLI P-ZEROS 255/40/17 REAR AND 235/35/17 FRONT

NEW J-SPEC DISK BRAKES WITH CW FAST ROAD PADS FITTED ONLY LAST AUGUST - COVERED ABOUT 2000 MILES!

Interior & ICE:

TOYOTA ENGLISH TOUCH SCREEN SAT NAVIGATION WITH INTEGRATED CD/TAPE PLAYER

UPRATED PIONEER COMPONENTS AT THE REAR AND 6.5" INFINITY KAPPAS AT THE FRONT

RACELOGIC TRACTION CONTROL WITH DIGITAL ADJUSTER

AEM UEGO WIDEBAND AIR/FUEL RATIO GAUGE

NOKIA BLUETOOTH SETUP

Exterior:

TOP REAR WINDOW SPOILER

WINDOW DEFLECTORS

RIDOX ONE-OFF SIDE SKIRTS

CLEAR SIDE INDICATORS

FULL HID CONVERSION FOR DIPPED BEAMS

FACELIFT REFURB J-SPEC LIGHTS (Thanks Gazearjon )

FACELIFT FRONT CLEAR INDICATORS

OEM REAR SPATS (To be fitted)

OTHERS & BLING:

TRD CHROME STRUT BRACE

POLISHED FAN SHROUD

FUSE BOX COVER

WASHER BOTTLE, BRAKE FLUID LIDS

NEW O2 SENSOR

Pics in Garage here but need to be updated:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=907

All work has been undertaken by Chris Wilson and Turbofit only since the car has been in my possession. I have plenty of receipts dating back until 2000 for all, or the majority of work undertaken on the car.

Any ideas guys? Was hoping for £9k, but worried that's a little steep.

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a shame you have to sell up after all the cash that has been put into the car

Rich, I just can't afford it bud. I'm on £26k a year and each month expenses along amount to £650 just for paying off credit card and loan, plus interest. Really pissed me off mate as you're right, I've spent a packet on getting her up and running and I 'would' of been all but debt free with the exempetion of my student loan if I hadn't of bought her :(

Thanks mate. I will certainly be on the forum and will remain in touch with many of the members from here - expect the gayhead called Rich above :)

Thanks again. Nothings sold yet so I'll still be here for another 3 months - not that easy to get rid of me.

Put it up at £8.5k and see how you get on from there, although if you can i would try and find another alternative as you have spent a lot and have probably turned a corner with bad luck and would probably have quite a few years of hassle free driving :)

I don't think there is an alternative mate. I seriously can't afford to pay out £200 to clear credit cards each month, whilst also paying £430 on my loan. Plus, insurance is up for renewal soon as is tax. :(

Just doesn't seem feasible anymore. I am a little annoyed Colin as I agree mate, touch wood, I think she'll drive like a dream from now on.

As I was reading through I was thinking I'd offer you £9k (although not at the moment!!), but I assumed it was a 6spd, so I'd say take a couple of grand off for an auto (and I want a manual, so no sale here, sorry).

Well that pissed on the bonfire thanks! :blink:

Don't sell it. Think of the pets! How will Mr. Wilson keep them in food now?

Seriously though, I know how you feel. I have about half your debt but I also earn about half what you earn. I keep thinking of selling it but I know that things will get better and I'll only have to source another one.

Chin up, lad.

Well that pissed on the bonfire thanks! :blink:

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm saying your car is a brilliant spec and it's just that I'm picky about wanting a manual. If it was manual I'd be close to saying it's a perfect car and exactly what I would be looking for (although like I said I can't afford it yet :( ).

You were asking for a price and I was thinking it's worth about £9k, then realised it's an auto so take off whatever it loses in the market for not being manual.

Thanks Martin. I suppose mate. Just had enough of the financial debt I'm in, mainly because of the car too.

I could slowly pay off the credit card debt, but it'd take me a good 2.5 years to do so with insuranceetc costs too.

Plus, thinking of getting on the property ladder now. :)

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude or anything, I'm saying your car is a brilliant spec and it's just that I'm picky about wanting a manual. If it was manual I'd be close to saying it's a perfect car and exactly what I would be looking for (although like I said I can't afford it yet :( ).

You were asking for a price and I was thinking it's worth about £9k, then realised it's an auto so take off whatever it loses in the market for not being manual.

Only joking mate, and I full appreciate your honesty and agree with you entirely. Just a shame the price drops so much for an Auto............especially when they did better at the POD :D

Good luck in your hunt. I could always go for a Manual conversion this year and.................no, no Greg..............maybe,..........NO! :innocent:

I wouldnt be posting it up here m8, you'll make a loss after your documented downfalls,I hope you get your 9K for it, the values on these cars are dropping like flies!

TBH that's what I initally thought and I said I'd never sell it to a member from the forum because of the problems I've had.

Although now I'm thinking and surely people will understand that I've invested so much money with only the best of the best like CW and Greg working on the car to get her running right. No expense spared at all really considering I bought her for £8k and have spent £6k. Anyways, let's float her on the market in July and see how it goes.

Can't except any lower than £8k tbh.

If you are gona sell up Greg do you have another motor already to use or are you going to have to get another motor? If you are what about getting an NA? The prices are pretty good so is insurance, ultra reliable and running costs are less. Then when you have the money go back to a TT or convert?