The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Upgrade

Bobbeh

Just got my TRD front discs through from Nic today! Thanks fella!

So to date, I've got the Goodrich/TRD lines, front and rear Hawk/Brembo pads from Dusty @ MVP, and my TRD discs from Nic and the final bits on the list are some stock rear discs from Toyota...

I'll let you guys know how I get on with them on the road and track. Any advice on bedding the discs in..?? ..they took about 9 weeks to get here from ordering and the last thing I want to do is warp them! :D

IMG_0150.JPG

Be progressive with them at first for say about 30 or 40 miles. No high speed stops or long lingering braking like 99% of people do. :rolleyes: ;)

Then gradually increase your braking pressure and speed from which you stop, after about 100miles total of normal driving they should be ready to go.

cool, dude. I'll be getting my setup tomorrow now. Full UK spec calipers all round, Project Mu front discs, standard rear discs, Brembo hawk pads (from Dusty) and the Goodridge lines.

I was also wondering about bedding them in. I've read various things saying that once fitted you should go out immediately and build up some heat with a few light brakings from 40-20ish and then do some hard braking from say 80-50, let cool and then repeat etc. I'm all confused now as to what route to take :shrug:

Yeah, you could say I'm really looking forward to having these fitted. You know how the J-spec brakes are crap? Well imagine J=spec brakes that are fooked and not getting full coverage across the discs etc... :D

You'll have to let me know how the TRD discs are? It was out of them, the Endless and the Mu's. I had Mu's before on my GTR and thought they were great so stuck with them.

I just stuck with TRD as they're Toyota, not aftermarket as such :) even the Goodrich lines are the same at TRD lines. Only the pads are non Toyota.

Yes, I will let you know. I'll be going from a stock UK setup to that lot, so I'm hoping for a more positive braking experience :)

Heard good comments for the Project Mus.. you too keep us informed :)

Funnily enough I am getting my full UK setup today too :)

Cable got the last set of Mu's from Dusty though, so I am trying the Rotora's. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Being fitted on Tuesday along with my EVC5 boost controller.

Can't wait :)