The mkiv Supra Owners Club

suprapod weekend

gaz1

I think a weekend event is a good idea, but if we can all bear in mind the costs involved on this.

Supra Pod 2007 cost £4,500. Only through lots of pressure and a bit of luck did we manage to break even. At one point we were up for a very large loss.

The sort of costs for a full weekend event with only Supras would no doubt put people off. Competing each day would have to be £55 or more and we would need to hit some big competitor numbers to make it work. Spectator numbers are mostly irrelevant on these things unless we start charging a lot more.

Perhaps if we kept it as a single day but used a local camp site (Billing is local..) then it may work out.

JB

I think a weekend event is a good idea, but if we can all bear in mind the costs involved on this.

Supra Pod 2007 cost £4,500. Only through lots of pressure and a bit of luck did we manage to break even. At one point we were up for a very large loss.

The sort of costs for a full weekend event with only Supras would no doubt put people off. Competing each day would have to be £55 or more and we would need to hit some big competitor numbers to make it work. Spectator numbers are mostly irrelevant on these things unless we start charging a lot more.

Perhaps if we kept it as a single day but used a local camp site (Billing is local..) then it may work out.

JB

i would imagine with the traders on here we could get sponsers for a weekend, and pretty sure we could start organizing a savings plan for people to start paying a tenner a month into a club fund to pay for the weekend so come next year we would have paid for it, then maybe do some sort of charity run on the strip making it more viable to outside sponsors, i would definatly twist my firms arm into getting something:innocent:

Guest Geneb

can see what your saying there branners but if its open to the ford and saxo boys i can see a lot of supra spoilers going missing and appearing in max power the following month on Chav MK.1

maybe a weekend is a bit ambitious but a repeat of the last meet would be FANTASTIC!!

maybe a male belly dancing competition as i noticed quiet a large percentage of supra drivers have a well maintained and cared for GUT!

I think a full weekend would be fantastic and we could perhaps open the spectators to other forums?, I feel the £5 to watch could have been £15 or more easily

I think more traders and even a 'pit stop garage' for tweaking and help could be interesting (Greg get out your spanners !! )

Hmmm, this is where it gets interesting....

While I agree £5 is a bit too cheap, it would get expensive if kids were charged at full rate... More than happy to pay £30 for me and the missus to come camping at the pod, however £60 for 4 kids would probably put me off, BUT I'd probably go anyway because the hour or so I was there on saturday was well worth it.

Hmmm, this is where it gets interesting....

While I agree £5 is a bit too cheap, it would get expensive if kids were charged at full rate... More than happy to pay £30 for me and the missus to come camping at the pod, however £60 for 4 kids would probably put me off, BUT I'd probably go anyway because the hour or so I was there on saturday was well worth it.

I am sure at £15 we could do kids for free ??, just not sure my 7year old girl would be up for the whole weekend without driving me crackers :D

I am sure at £15 we could do kids for free ??, just not sure my 7year old girl would be up for the whole weekend without driving me crackers :D

Hahaha, my eldest step daughter would have to watched at all times or she would be jumping in any cars that even look like they are heading up the track... little bit of a car nutter...

3 out of 4 of the kids are petrol nuts, the other is a tree hugger... So yeah they would be well up for it, and to be fair I'd be willing to pay for the weekend for them as they do enjoy it.

It would be a great weekend, but cost is certainly going to be an issue.

I'd be more than happy to pay £15 to spectate on the day, and up to £100 for a full-on POD blast over both day. Trouble is, others won't and to guarantee numbers and breakeven is a mission in itself.

Trader sponsorship would be great.

Nice idea Robbie :)

I hate to say it but we just wont get the take up on a wekeend, we nearly lost a hell of alot of money with this one. We would need at least 150 runners, to come anywhere near what we would want to recoup, now thats alot!

The only problem i see with the RWYB day after is alot of people will clear off home. Watching novas and saxos go up there all day long wont excite the mass's. If we could stay for free or very little then it could be worth it, knowing pod that wont be the case. Ill explore that avenue nearer the time :)

I do think that a day at Pod, with camping at Billing and then a meet at Silverstone or something might be a runner. Perhaps do some karting at Silverstone.

Its all in the same sort of area around Northampton and may give us a good weekend. If we can coincide it with a Bookatrack track day at Silverstone it may give everybody something for the weekend.

JB