The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone ever heard of this mod?

BarnyB

Hi, I was having a chat with a mechanic today about Soops and he was telling me something about a mod that you can do that somehow involves bypassing a vacuum pipe on the turbos or something like that but he really couldn't remeber what was done exactly. I think he meant on the air in side if that's any help. He said you can get about 40 bhp extra by doing this.

Now, before everyone thinks he's an idiot, please just bear in mind that I don't remember conversations so well so I might have got some bits wrong, plus I didn't really understand what he was talking about as I don't know much about mechanical stuff. My boyfriend is dubious about the claims though to put it mildly.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of something like this that can be done or have I got the information all higgledy piggldey. If it can be done, is it easy to do and does it involve any risk to the beloved Soop?

i have heard some1 done something like that to a subaru before, cant remember the details though but im sure it was not as high as 40bhp....if it was as simple and safe as bypassing a hose im sure this site would know all about it by now...do a search mate

Ah thanks a lot guys! This is what my man thought too. Well done on working out the conversation I had with the mechanic! I think I will leave alone then, as reading the tech bit it looks like I would loose power at lower revs and considering the island wide speed limit which I keenly adhear to is 40 mhp I would be getting beaten off the line by all manner of slow things, bloomin Saxos!! ;)

PS What is the eating and drinking smiley called popcorn meaning?

Before people start shooting you down he could have been trying to describe the bleeder t mod which works as a MBC (manual boost controller) all you do is swap a hose around and join it to another with a tvalve which would give you as much boost as you like 1bar, 1.2bar thus giving you the extra 40bhp that he spoke of.

But yes, this mod isnt really advised if you like you're turbos, but plenty of people have done it without consiquence

Edit, Link below so i dont get flamed myself:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bleedert/bleedert.htm

Ah, I see. In view of woeful effort at relating chat perhaps.

Mmm, the noise bit sounds quite interesting. Mine is totally standard so in permanent stealth mode. But, I did try one DIY noise enhancement which will have everyone shaking their heads like fury, have you ever taken the air filter out and had a little womble around? It sounds awesome, like it's really breathing or something! But of course, terribly bad for the car and I'd never do it again. We used to do this with our metros years ago to make them sound beefier....! :rolleyes:

Ah thanks a lot guys! This is what my man thought too. Well done on working out the conversation I had with the mechanic! I think I will leave alone then, as reading the tech bit it looks like I would loose power at lower revs and considering the island wide speed limit which I keenly adhear to is 40 mhp I would be getting beaten off the line by all manner of slow things, bloomin Saxos!! ;)

PS What is the eating and drinking smiley called popcorn meaning?

Just out of interest what island is that?

PS, Popcorn smells funny, I always thought.

Classic :)

FWIW i dont think anybody was shooting you down or flaming you.

Be aware on doing mods reccomended by random mechanics, some are a little bit dangerous ;)

Read the tech section including the FAQs and have a look at the section on BPU (then drive to the mainland to use it :p)