The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New front bumper sprayed for £500?

jeremyh

Hi all,

Was having a good day up until about 3:30pm this afternoon when I made contact with the car in front of me :(.

My Do-Luck front bumper took the full impact despite me driving between 10-15mph, I guess this is the price you pay for fibreglass bodykits :(

The front bumper is literally in pieces, it's shattered in the very middle and all the fixings on the left-hand side have broken so it's just hanging on the car :(

My question is, where can I get a new front bumper (not necessarily a Do-Luck, open to suggestions), sprayed and fitted for around the £500 mark?

My dad is reckoning around £1500 is more realistic :blink:

I would appreciate any offers of advice or bumpers for sale :search:

Thanks

Jez

Well Jeremyh,

Only recently someone did a hit and run on my Bomex wide mouth front bumper and after a conversation with Knight Racers for £500 you could have it supplied, fitted and painted for that.

Good luck and sorry to hear as to see her wrecked is a nightmare but trust me when its all over she looks stunning.

All the best

Milly.

Thanks for the advice guys and gals :)

I've just had the pleasure of going outside with the gaffer tape to hold the bumper on the car :(

It's well beyond repair, so a new one is really the only way to go.

One thing I had noticed is that the Do-Luck bumper (as I understand it) was made to fit with the rest of the Do-Luck kit, hence the not-so-tight fitting of the bumper around the wings.

A factory Toyota bumper is not going to look right on my car, but I would prefer a better-fitting bumper than the Do-Luck one I (used) to have.

Any suggestions?