The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dover to Calais Do-luck - getting on the boat?!

Gaz6002

I'm co-organising a trip to the Nurburgring in 2 months and we are going to take the Dover to Calais Ferry. I went last year but can't for the life of me remember how much of a slope/ramp there was when getting on and off the boat.

My car is very (VERY) low and i'm worried about ripping the bumper off!! Can anyone tell me if I will have enough clearance?

If not then I guess 2 planks of wood will be an essential bit of luggage!

Thanks guys

Gaz

Depends on the state of the tide.

Going to Le Mans the last few years I didn't have a problem....until coming back last year - the tide was in and the boat sat much higher by the quay. The off ramp was subsequently at a steeper angle coming off the boat and I ended up scuffing the front bumper.

Fortunately I haev a Stillen front end which is polyeurethane adn therefore very flexible. I had some paintwork done and it was ok.

In short, they can't guarantee you'll be ok.

My brothers front end got damaged when driving of the boat (seacat from hoverspeed), but they paid for the repairs because the ramp was not setup properly. His car is also pretty low and with a bomex frontend.

But it was OK for all the other times we used the boat.

Greetings,

Peter