The mkiv Supra Owners Club

9006 bulbs??

SUPRALOOPY

Does the J-spec Supra use the same bulbs as the Soarer, that is, 9005 main, and 9005J dip (with a "cap" on the end of the bulb)?

EDIT:

It may be 9005J main and 9006J dip.

Pictures of the Soarer bulbs

If this is so, then......

As far as I know, the "J" bulbs are not available in the UK, unless they can be ordered from Toyota. The 9005 can be made to fit the dipped headlight, but the beam pattern may give problems at MOT time because there is no cap to prevent scatter.

In Australia they have to modify the Soarer lights to take a 9006 for "compliancing" (like our ESVA). I'm not sure of the details, but a kit is available which involves a reamer and bits of alloy.

The only bulbs I know of which will fit straight into a Soarer, and have the cap on the dip bulb, are the (expensive) PIAAs from TIF and LSOC.

(and if my Soarer and my GS300 are anything to go by, Toyota dipped headlights are all rubbish)

EDIT:

Checked the EPC, Supra up to 9605 and Soarer use the same bulbs:

MAIN 90981-13053

DIP 90981-13054 (subs 90981-13064)

Later Supra MAIN is 90080-81041