The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Pod - the good, the bad and the wobbly

Branners

Well it seems Supra Pod was a major success. It was hard work to get it to run as it did but we are considering doing it again next year.

My question is....what did we do well, what did we do badly and what should we do to improve it next time?

a big thanks must go to tDR for sorting all the payments out. Without him on the paypal system this would never have happened.

So, post your thoughts please.

JB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The day itself was brilliant Branners.

The only thing I mentioned was the lack of traders there. I know it's not a promotion and advertising 'buy my kit' day, but it would of been nice to see the likes of a few other respectable traders on here selling some good gear. :)

Apart from that, I whole-heartedly agree that it was the best meet.............Ever.! :)

The day was near perfect as it was JB. :)

I'd agree on trying to get a few more trade stands next time (and I heard someone say that there were toilets nearer the stands that weren't open?)

T'was at least on a par with Dragonball '06 for me. :)

(If I'd run it would have certainly beaten it too)

My thoughts for next year:

Trader stands,

Show cars (to gawp at)

Other trade stands and maybe a magazine or two,

Invited Demo cars (similar to JSP)

A drift section with, maybe, a chance to have a ride in one or learn how to drift tutorials.

Someone working on the timing and giving updates over a tannoy.

Keep the numbers down to 75 to allow plenty of runs and not too much of a wait.

A club marquee for hanging out in and sheltering from sun/rain.

The moon on a stick.

I thought it was a great day. Gutted I didn't run and thought a superb job was done by all. Can't think of anything bad apart from Doug thinking I was Mr. Canny!!!:tongue:

I thought it was all wonderfully organised! No complaints!

Mini Convoy & Major Convoy - I knew where to be and when

Arrival - ticketing - smooth as silk

Signing In - Easy (could have done with more pens)

Racing - No queuing was GREAT!

Food - Honest grub & lots of it for a growing lad ;)

My only comments would be:

Would have loved to have seen more traders - I had money burning in my pocket and only JezzyBabes got some of it :)

I would certainly be prepared to pay more next year to ensure it happens again (and now I'm no longer a Pod Virgin I would run loads more!)

With so many people, whose forum names are not their real ones or licence plates, I found it damn hard to remember everyone or meet everyone. Name badges sound cheesy but we got to think of something.....

Not picking holes Martin at all bud, but was there really a wait? I saw quite the opposite. Not enough people getting on the strip! :)

Plus, 75 cars would make it a little disappointing, especially if people don't turn up for a natter either.

Was an excellent day, maybe something for the people not running there cars and spectators :)

Ooooh, good idea mate. That funfair would of been good so I could buy Mr Rich a burger, make him physically sick and then take his car on the strip whilst he's in the Kaazi. :)

Not picking holes Martin at all bud, but was there really a wait? I saw quite the opposite. Not enough people getting on the strip! :)

Plus, 75 cars would make it a little disappointing, especially if people don't turn up for a natter either.

No, no, no... There was no wait but I'm guessing that having loads of cars wanting to run next year could cause there to be one.

..and I didn't mean limit the whole thing to just 75 cars either.

Trader stands,

Show cars (to gawp at)

A drift section with, maybe, a chance to have a ride in one or learn how to drift tutorials.

The moon on a stick.

I thought it was a great day. Gutted I didn't run and thought a superb job was done by all. Can't think of anything bad apart from Doug thinking I was Mr. Canny!!!:tongue:

I think you could do a Drift Day as a totaly seperate event ? :)

No, no, no... There was no wait but I'm guessing that having loads of cars wanting to run next year could cause there to be one.

..and I didn't mean limit the whole thing to just 75 cars either.

Ah good point. Yeah I know you didn't measn limit the event to 75 mate, just the strip. I would of liked to see more big cars on the podium though.

I have to say, honestly, I was quite disappointed at the large singles.

Trader stands,

Show cars (to gawp at)

The moon on a stick.

Good ideas there m8, but some of them would have to come out of the club budget, and ultimately our pockets but I'm sure most of us would be happy to pay a few more dollars for more action.

Have to agree it was an excellent day, great atmosphere between the members, as long as you can book the same sunshine next year! ;)

Nice to meet you at the gate branners :) x

yeah just trade stands really, Jezzybabes stand was cool with all the parts, but wanna see more :) I did buy leather seats and carpet, but I could see myself going skint at a day with lots of goodies lol. There was tons more space up the end so you could invite traders, shop stands, all sorts really. Take a cut of their earnings and you'll make a mint :)

we had the drift club offer us a free demo and also offer to give free instruction to people there, however it would have meant getting more fencing put up which would have increased the cost. Without knowing we could even get close to breaking even I couldnt take that chance. I will however try to sort it for next year.

We will have to think about how we sort out the prices for next year if we put extra stuff in there. But if we can make it a full day it might be okay.

Keep the ideas coming folks.

JB

As said before, brilliant day.

Next year...

If they could be found, someone extrovert on a tannoy system giving out names & times etc could be fun (I didn't know most people who ran, but may have known their screen name etc).

More cars running, if there was 68 this year we could have up to 100 and still almost no waiting (there were lots of times in the afternoon when nobody was running for 5 - 10 mins).

Some kind of "shoot out" at the end of the day for the fastest guys.

A ladies prize, think there was only one this year but I know others were tempted.

A huge sign with flashing lights saying "TAKE YOUR TRACTION CONTROL OFF YOU STUPID YORKSHIREMAN" and somebody with a stick to poke me and point it out...:)

Obviously, the Pole Dancers & free bar.

Cheers

G

oh and a big thanks to Jezzybabes and his sound system. I didnt realise he had the microphone with him as well...

I certainly hope we can have that same sound system next year and actually turn it up a bit.

I did ask if traders wanted to sponsor the event and have a trade stand but the short notice put paid to that. Theres not many traders on here that do the 'mobile shop' thing any more either.

JB

Near perfect for me as a spectator.I thought £5 was very cheap and would of gladly payed double that and still thought it was good value for money.I will go with the flow and say possibly more trade stands but otherwise perfect day.Thanx for all your hard work organising it.