The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra POD - Launch Control

Wez

I think leon was using nitrous to spin the turbo up, he really suffered with grip issues.

Maybe much longer burnouts would have helped but when it got traction about half way down the track it still managed a speed of over 138mph, which is mad from half way down :D

Hi Wez,

I was using the 2-step limiter in the AEM, switched it on after a couple of runs, tried some different settings. Problem I had was traction...period. If I set the limiter over 2800, I got nothing but wheelspin, at 2800 it was launching better but hadn't built enough boost and was bogging a bit.

Were you using anything ? Dan (private pile) was using the AEM 2-step too.

Well I wasn't the only one that felt that the launch grip was poor, after that it was fine. Can't remember who I was chatting with about it, Robbie ? Can't remember.

I was only on 1.2bar, but was getting 120-122mph terminals all day long, yet 60fts were 2.5secs at best. To be fair, I have Conti Sport Contact 2s on the car, and the compound is simply too hard for launching the car. In fact the 2-step didn't particularly help either.