The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who had the 'whistling' Supra at the Pod yesterday?

RedM

There was a black Supe doing runs for most of the day. It kept catching my attention because it seemed to whistle as it went down the run, almost like it had a supercharger.

Anyone know who it belonged to and/or why it made that noise?

Thought i could hear quite a few diff's whineing down strip especially by the far end.

Shame Jurgens Rex Diff let go halfway down the strip! Must be frustrating thinkin the Rotary lump will be what let's you down if something does give up on ya and then turns out to be transmission related, bummer still hopefully easier fix that rotor housings, tips, seals and what not.

Not a good day for the non-Toyota visitors motors that joined us on the day, that Vee Dub Corrado VR6 blew his box or diff on the startline right in front of me, saw the front end point to sky as he nailed it and then nothing as it barely rolled to the 60ft stretch.:giveup:

Deffo a boost leak, my FMIC had a slight leek when I fitted it and sounded identical

PS. A Leek is a vegetable popular in Wales, A Leak is the type of problem you hope your car hasn't developed in a multitude of circumstances.

:p

PPS. I'm the typo king, so maybe i shouldn't talk myself! :D

PS. A Leek is a vegetable popular in Wales, A Leak is the type of problem you hope your car hasn't developed in a multitude of circumstances.

:p

PPS. I'm the typo king, so maybe i shouldn't talk myself! :D

woops just seen that, funnily enough ive just had a spot off leek and potato soup for lunch, maybe that influenced my poor spelling

I did notice that when Jurgen was warming up his tyres that the left side wheel wasn't spinning yet the revs were raising. I couldn't see what the other side was up to but this could be one of the reasons the diff went pop. There was a few Supras out there like this too.

I did notice that when Jurgen was warming up his tyres that the left side wheel wasn't spinning yet the revs were raising. I couldn't see what the other side was up to but this could be one of the reasons the diff went pop. There was a few Supras out there like this too.

my poor diff ( not sure what way is supposed to behave if am honest)

mine was a locked diff

just been told by greg my drive shaft and diff are gone :( , i though locked diffs one wheel turns faster than other but i may be wrong lol

Ouch not what you wanna be splashing out on when your selling the car.

Thought operation of a normal diff would mean wheels able to spin up independently all torque usually going to wheel which spins up 1st.

LSD's and i would have thought locking diffs should "lock-up" once one torque heads to one axle over the other??