The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lowering springs

SupraStar 3000

Can you simply buy a higher compound spring (tighter-sprung) that fits on stock dampers and Bilstein rears or do you need to match brand for brand, ie. HKS springs and set-up.

Any recommendations?

Not looking to slam it much, just to loose some of the height above the wheels and under the nose. Around 30mm

I apologise in advance for such a relatively easy/newbie question. Please forgive me. :innocent:

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=799&SearchYN=N

"Eibach Pro Kit Springs for 1993-98 Supra

This kit lowers the front 1.2" & the rear 1.0" and dramatically improves cornering capability. No more nose dive toward the pavement under hard braking. Progressive rate maintains soft ride for daily driving but progresses to a stiffer rate when performance is demanded from the car. Compatible with factory & aftermarket shocks.

Note that this spring kit was originally designed for the Twin Turbo model Supra. However, it fits the Non-Turbo 100%. Eibach used to have a Non-Turbo spring kit but they discontinued it in 2003. They probably finally realized that the Twin Turbo kit was the same thing!"

Just to reiterate whats already been said, the Bilstein/Eibach combo seems to work well and most people I have spoken to find them fine for day to day use - though for some they are a little hard.

It's a cheap upgrade too ;) I got my set 2nd hand for £60, fitted them myself (its easy so long as you can use a wrench :D )

Just to reiterate whats already been said, the Bilstein/Eibach combo seems to work well and most people I have spoken to find them fine for day to day use - though for some they are a little hard.

It's a cheap upgrade too ;) I got my set 2nd hand for £60, fitted them myself (its easy so long as you can use a wrench :D )

...and don't put the springs on the wrong way!

Great :)

Where did you guys buy them from?

Can't seem to find them listed on our traders sites other than US and E-bay.

I'm pretty sure Envy supply them

AND I managed to fit them the wrong way round too. Yay me!

Remember that, but thought it best not to mention ;)

:D