The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD steering wheel question

Paul

After about a year or eighteen months I've finally got round to fitting my spanking new TRD steering wheel :D

I got a simple steering wheel puller off Ebay that made it a pleasure to swap over, none of the 'hanging off it' for hrs or clouting it with a mallet to get the old one off, just one and a bit turns on the main puller bolt and it jumped off the spline:)

Anyway my question to those that have these fitted, I lined up the wheels straight and the original wheel was level and correct before removing yet when I slotted the TRD one over the spline it was either one spline to the left or one to the right and didn't seem to match exactly to the original position.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great and suits and fits perfect in every other way but now I find myself looking at the wheel all the time to see if it's straight and level which is difficult with cambers on roads etc as I guess it's rarely that straight anyway?

Did anyone else find a similar situation with the spline being slighty out?

Ta, Paul

Sorry, I'm not able to help you, but where did you get the TRD wheel and for how much? I thinks its def the best looking wheel but I've only seen it for 995$ at MVP. Do you know if its cheeper elsewhere?

Got it from Nic (Import Pimp) on here, top service, nice bloke.

Can't remember price but do a search as I think he has a brand new one in stock.

Thanks for the other replies, maybe it's OK but if out it's only very slight, maybe a look at the tracking might sort it?