The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another Pod thread.

RedM

Today was one of the best meets I've ever been to. Why we've not done this before Is a mystery to me. It certainly should feature as the main event of next year, more so than JAE in my opinion.

A big thanks to Branners and everyone else for organising it. Pleas do it again next year.

A big thanks to Mawby for not actually banning me at the gate.;)

It was good to meet certain members at last. Big hello to Doug (Class One), Darryl (Homer) and Steve (K14SUP).

Also, JamieP, who was really friendly and a great laugh too.

Good to catch up with Mike (Pixelfill), Ian (Shytot) and Wez (WezP) again too. Good times Wez.

I nearly met Pete but he was always talking to people and I hate to butt in.

Bit worried about Ed though. The amount of times he crossed my path I swear he was stalking me.

There were some awesome cars too. Both in performance and looks. Robbie was amazing to watch as was the JSP car. Gaz6148 should have won a show and shine award. Lovely looking car.

Thanks to Gaz Walker for the DVD too and also to RobSheffield for being my speed limiter/low petrol alarm.:D

Again, a great day.

I didn't even mention my cracked rad!:(

Good meeting you too Martin, and Rob also :)

Fix the rad mate. Just follow the guide I posted. All you need is JB Weld AND Isopon P40. Then paint it black after ;)

I'm fixing it with my own method. VISA plus not looking at my statement next month.:blink:

I nearly met Pete but he was always talking to people and I hate to butt in.

Damn it! You should've butted in mate! I spent all day talking to people, but still only scratched the surface of who was there.

Just kick me in the shins or something next time. ;)

it was indeed a good day out. Hard work though and the effort to get people to sign up showed why we havent done this before ;)

HOWEVER, we have learnt a LOT from this one and we are already looking at doing another one next year, perhaps with another club like the MR2 people. We then get lots of competitors and spectators and with only 75 competitors the queues wont be bad at all.

JB

I reckon this club could manage 75 competitors easy, with a little more notice ;)

And possibly not when so many people have their cars off the road for whatever reason!

I'll be racing next year, after seing people doing it today. I just hope I don't get hooked and end up spending £££££££££ :shock:

:conf:

BTW, totally aggree with Marting, this event is/was bigger and more interesting than JAE is... I mean you can look at car, drive your cars and watch others - its all good :)

Exactly. BTW, wanted to come up and say hello but no-one would point me in your direction.:blink:

not having people pissing all over the Pod threads. We put too much work in to allow that. some posts above deleted.

Good call :)

Don't think we need to invite other clubs, but that depends on US. Thankfully today was a massive success and everyone I spoke to was enjoying the day, so I think there will be a good level of demand from this club next year :)

Good call :)

Don't think we need to invite other clubs, but that depends on US. Thankfully today was a massive success and everyone I spoke to was enjoying the day, so I think there will be a good level of demand from this club next year :)

:yeahthat:

Please edit your post to read as above before a mod sees it! :p

;)

Actually for those that wanted to have a good few goes this worked out as an absolute bargain. My last RWYB resulted in 6 hrs 15mins sat in a queue on my own, managing just 2 runs. Today some people were getting a run every 3-4 minutes.

I think the next Pod event could build on this success. Now people know what its all about I expect the take-up of ticket sales will be much better.

I expect a thread will start up with suggestions for what members would like to see next year, but some of my ideas would be:

More club traders selling their wares

Possibly a portable chassis dyno?

Tuning & fitting help - A number of people were unsure of how to go quicker today as it was their first time.

These are just my random thoughts and in no way represent the opinions of other Mods or indeed anyone else :p