The mkiv Supra Owners Club

re-spray

Tourniquet

Been ummin n arring about this for a long time now. Got a black '94 J-spec and want it sprayed. Sprayer I spoke to the other day says it'd look stunning re-done in original straight black but i'm not so sure. Was thinking maybe at least metalic or seeing as I'm going through the 'ag n time to get a re-spray, why not go the whole hog and change the colour. Idea being why go through all that for it to look the same at the end of it just a bit fresher lol.

Anyway, what sort of price range should I expect for a same colour job compared to a full colour change - rough ball park figure rather than to the pound obviously and who can you guys reccomend ? I know alot of you have had this done to your own cars, I was just hoping to put the feelers out and see what people thought.

Colours I've considered are candy apple red with carbon fibre bonnet and spoiler blade, orange and metalic black possibly with silver metal flake but not really dwelled on it too much.

All oppinions and advice welcome

Thanx

Im in the same situation as you mate - just about ready to get it done now :)

I have been all through the colors and considered lots of things. Right now im pritty set on one of 2 lol

I have a black supra - either its going to be the best black mirror finish that looks amazing - poss with coat of effect? or a very lovley dark gun metal that pops a little ( i can see it in my head lol)

I like the idea of contrast - going to be getting a bonnet after the re spray (carbon) but still keeping the normal one in storage - TRD blade is a great spoiler but the standard spoiler kicks ass.

Bright candy colors are fine if your that style of person, but if its a phase (like some of mine ) then its going to be an expensive one dude :)

Go for contrast but with a flat colour - get it done right and it will look amazing

Yeah my car is sunset orange at the minute but i want a respray as it isnt axactly in the best condition ever. I am unsure what colour to go for but i love the sunset orange. My girlfriend has a 106 which is also a really nice shade of orange. Its tough deciding on a colour when you think of all the colkours there are. Your best bet is to stick to a colour ion mind and then just decide on the shade and/or effect i.e. pearl etc.

I think I've decided on the colour I'd go for:

A nice gunmetal, perhaps a little darker than the one the Supra came in, then, possibly, if I'm still that way inclinded, a CF bonnet.

However, if I was getting a colour change, I'd want the WHOLE car to be sprayed - engine out etc - and that's expensive :(

Yeah I agree with that. Engine bay must be done or it'll look half arsed. Propper strip down and tape up or nothing coz I think it's worth the extra money in the long run.

I'd love to go orange but because of the film I think i'd want graphics and all sorts too otherwise it wouldn't look quite right to me - man I love that car. Gunmetal is also a beautiful colour on Supe's it was my second choice if I couldn't find a black one I wanted.

So does anyone have a ball park figure or can tell me what they paid for their job/what was done etc ???