The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed Restricter

Guest chris b

Guest chris b

Hi there i wonder if someone can shed some light on the problem with my import TT. My car cuts out at 115mph now i take it this is the speed restircter, this has only happened in the last couple of weeks whilst testing it on a private road, never had any problems with it cutting out before. The only thing that I have changed to the car was fitting a new stereo about 2months ago.

The car was Hadyns supra K***XTT

Haydn is a notorious tight-wad so he may well have fitted some cheap-ass POS delimiter from eBay or somesuch.

Theres absolutely no need for this comment if it was not meant in good humour Jake.

My old car was delimited by using an old skool Apexi RSM. Has the car still got it fitted, does it still work? Id check the wiring from the ECU to the RSM as this may be the culprit :)