The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Need Help buying a supra??

Guest stratts

Guest stratts

Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying my first supra.

I have owned a few Jap cars before. My last was an absolute mint GTO Twin Turbo. I had to sell it reluctantly due to a seperation!!!

I have had a boring car ever since and i think it is time to buy another nice motor!!

I used my GTO only as a weekend toy. However, this time i will be using the car as a daily commuter!! I have been looking everywhere for MPG spec comparisons between the Non Turbo, Single Turbo and Twin Turbo and cannot find any anywhere.

Also performance specs.

Can anybody help me with the specs of all supra models including MPG and performance. I am thinking of just getting a Non Turbo manual but am afraid it will not be quick enough after my Twin Turbo GTO (Modded to approx 365BHP)!!!!

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks

Use the Search button mate - the topic of mpg between NA and TT has been done loads on here. From what I recall, people find the TT uses more fuel only when leaving your right foot on the floor while trying to take off.

Performance has had similar treatment on here too. If you're after 0-60 times it's 4.9 manual TT and 5.6 auto TT (I think) for UK cars. Will be pretty much the same for J-spec. Not sure on NA cars. 7-8 seconds?

There are a load of downloadable things on here too that detail the differences between all the models - way too many to list in a thread.

Insurance I found quotes for NA and TT were pretty comparable.

Both are as reliable as the sun rising every morning, look the mutts nuts and we love 'em :)

MPG for tt and n/a arent far off each other when driven normally. You can just about get them up to 30mpg with motorway driving (56mph i think). Normal driving you can expect around the 20mpg mark. Obviously with a tt, putting your foot down will seriously reduce this (i've heard of single figures before!).

Performance wise the n/a has around 220bhp, tt 326bhp and as far as singles go there are so many different types that you couldnt put one figure on it. Some are upwards of 800bhp.

Hope that helps.

PS. If you still want the power of your gto then you will want a tt at least

It's only 326 on the UK version if i remember. Lower for the Import as the imports are Ceramic turbos whereas the UK one's are steel.

There's not much in it is there? I know they quoted 280 in japan because of an "agreement" but in reality it was higher. Perhaps the uk is slightly higher but then uk specs are slightly heavier arent they?

Either way they're both pretty damn fast :D