The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tein Super Street Coilovers with EDFC Kit. Anyone got this setup?

dannyspeed

Thinking about buying this kit, and just wanted to know if anyone has got this setup and what do they think of it?

Ive got koni shocks and eibach pro spings that ive had on the car for 3 yrs. But my 19" Racing Hart CX's have rubbed on the front arch's when turning corners at slow speed. So im thinking of the Tein Super Street Coilovers as you can adjust the height to stop the rubbing. Plus with the EDFC kit you can adjust the damping from inside the car for a soft or hard ride:eyebrows:

Hi,

We are TEIN dealers and can advise you what we can supply to you.

The EDFC system allows you to adjust the bump and rebound settings from inside the car electronically so you dont have to open the bonnet each time you want to make a minor change. Its suited if you like to have a harder ride for say track days or racing around but at the touch of a button you can change the setting to the one that your missus likes which is less hard.

I would recommend the following for your road car:

TEIN Super Street damper Kit with Top mounts £ 760 including VAT

TEIN EDFC System for above £ 150 including VAT

This will give you adjustable ride height and damper settings and will be ready to bolt on.

If you would like to buy this kit or discuss TEIN further with us, please contact me.

Thanks

Andy

you can get bump stops for your setup to stiffen it up so it wont rub round corners,the system your on about is good kit but overkill just for that one job,perfect if you use the car on a track then go on a road

Thinking about the track days as well. i know with the setup i got it wont be much good.

Ive got Super Streets/new top mounts and EDFC, i usually drive around with it set at the softest setting as anything else seems very hard on crappy roads.

Can see how the EDFC would benefit someone who will do track days although i havent done one yet.

I do harden the suspension when going on motorways tho just to use the thing!

ive been thinking aout this kit for a while, why go for the top mounts? what difference do they make?

saves you openning up the old ones and fitting them in your new TEINS, makes no different but it ll be alot easier job with top mounts already with them as it ll be a straight swap !

saves you openning up the old ones and fitting them in your new TEINS, makes no different but it ll be alot easier job with top mounts already with them as it ll be a straight swap !

:yeahthat:

The top mounts don't give any actual performance benefit as such, they are a little lighter than the stock mounts, they make it easier to fit the coilovers and looking shiny in your engine bay.

BTW, the EDFC will work with both Tein and stock top mounts.

:yeahthat:

The top mounts don't give any actual performance benefit as such, they are a little lighter than the stock mounts, they make it easier to fit the coilovers and looking shiny in your engine bay.

BTW, the EDFC will work with both Tein and stock top mounts.

How much does the top mounts available with the SUPER STREET differ from the pillowball variety? Is there any rubber bushing/more comfort? and adjustablity for front camber correction on the other type also?

• 4 months later...

I've read a lot of conflicting information on the Tein top mounts or pillowball mounts. Some people say they make a difference and make the car a little tighter, but that sometimes it's too tight or that there's excess knock/creaking noises. I plan to do quite a bit of time at the Ring in the next year, so I think I will get the top mounts all around. Besides, "they look shiny in the engine bay" and I have ICE to take care of excess noise.

Ive got Super Streets/new top mounts and EDFC, i usually drive around with it set at the softest setting as anything else seems very hard on crappy roads.

Can see how the EDFC would benefit someone who will do track days although i havent done one yet.

I do harden the suspension when going on motorways tho just to use the thing!

I have this set up and like it, a tip if you want a reasonable ride on bad roads, don't just set it on full soft it makes for a worse ride;) try about three to five clicks hard,

Also the Suiperstreets top mounts are rubber bushed a little like std but slightly more rigid, they are not pillow ball.

On the edfc you get 3 presets (like on you stereo) as well as being able to adjust "when ever"..

on my setting i've played around to get the best kind of ride for the roads i use most ie

1, bad roads.. a little softer than usual

2, london roads.. bit harder than std especially at front to stop nose diving into the road over speed bumps

3, A roads/motor ways... hard ride, great for corners without roll..

And as said can adjust anytime to suit....