The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate cold air feed N/A ive been busy today

trevorb33

Been busy today so i thought id take some pics, cost me in the region of 15quid for the bits and a bit of time, hope you like,

i did the first feed to the side hole as used for the inter cooler pipe on the tt's, the pipe wouldnt fit through being 100mm wide so i placed it as close to the hole as i could get it,

This feed went to just under the front indicator where it fills the

whole nicely,

The second feed i drilled some holes in the area under the filter bent it out so it was a nice square then slotted the feed through going straight down,

where it meets my 90degree washing machine reducer :D and then this will suck up nice cold air from under the car, i spayed the intake black so no one will notice, and it doesn't sit much lower then the bumper so i should rip it off by the first speed bump,

Just waiting for my decent air filter to come lol, and it should be all set for the summer now, might make a small heat shield to the right of the filter but thats it, so i now have four air feeds that should be enough :D

Hope you enjoy the pics

So you're actually directing stones and crap from the road and through your hks 'filter'?

:blink:

if stones can travel up vertical then yes, but what are filters for but to filter lol,

Ive done this for my own benefit no one elses, if it works all the better, surely this is better then two rubbish standard feeds

Ill be doing some long journeys the next couple of weeks as well as a rolling road session next week see what she puts out,

Ive got nothing to measure the intake temps, but surely its gotta be better, and if not ive only spent a few quid on it

if stones can travel up vertical then yes, but what are filters for but to filter lol,

Ive done this for my own benefit no one elses, if it works all the better, surely this is better then two rubbish standard feeds

Ill be doing some long journeys the next couple of weeks as well as a rolling road session next week see what she puts out,

Ive got nothing to measure the intake temps, but surely its gotta be better, and if not ive only spent a few quid on it

sorry mate, my point wasn't directed at your ducting as such but your use of a HKS filter which has repeatedly been shown to be pretty useless when it comes to filtration.

Also, without any proper shielding your just directing cold air into a hot engine bay so if you're sure on keeping it make sure you shield your filter from the rest of the bay. a quick search will show a couple of examples of this ;)

if it works all the better, surely this is better then two rubbish standard feeds

Ah, well, yes, obviously Toyota know f-all when it comes to the air intake system.........

........ one may ask why didn`t they go to the local Zanussi or Bendex factory instead ??

Pipercross do very good filters, but in alot of case's including myself, the shell has cracked in numerous places. Don't ask me why, but when it does it's pretty much useless!

Stock airbox and a few airbox mods will do you sweet as a nut, my old car was a GSI and the airbox mods were part of stage 1 from Courtenay!

Guest Geneb

Brings back memorys of blue peter to me but TBH i did something similiar a good few years back with a fiesta,

hey trevor hope it works bud and as long as you get enjoyment trying to increase your BHP keep going bud, fair play to ya for having a go at it.:)

looking good there buddy! I tried this on my car a while back to see if there was a noticeable difference. there was none (air filter not sealed off) but when i took it off and had a look, the amount of small stones that where lodged all the way through the pipe was frightening! i even had mesh infront of the pipe aswell, and they still got through.

Theres some nice flexi piping on ebay. with polished ends for a more proffessional look. (bout £15-£20 a pipe i think)