The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What air filter for singles ?

absz

Ive got a K&N sat in my shed, used but in pretty good condition. I ran it on my T61. I can bring it to the Pod (if i go) on saturday, or send it down with one of the North West lads if its of any use for you.

EDIT: Pics in this thread, the "before" pics. Its the filter that comes with the T61 kit from vortex.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=96756&highlight=thought+engine+bay+letting+car

Ive got a K&N sat in my shed, used but in pretty good condition. I ran it on my T61. I can bring it to the Pod (if i go) on saturday, or send it down with one of the North West lads if its of any use for you.

have you got the size/diameter for it also price please :)

have you got the size/diameter for it also price please :)

Just edited my post with pics. Size wise i cant remember of the top of my head. Its got a rubber flange (ooh err) though so is pretty adjustable. I can get sizes when i get home if needed. Price £20 and its yours.

Just edited my post with pics. Size wise i cant remember of the top of my head. Its got a rubber flange (ooh err) though so is pretty adjustable. I can get sizes when i get home if needed. Price £20 and its yours.

yep i'll take it:) if its possible can you post it via next day delivery lastest being friday. so i can have it fitted for the pod. just pm your paypal details including postage&fees and i'll get straight on it.:D

yep i'll take it:) if its possible can you post it via next day delivery lastest being friday. so i can have it fitted for the pod. just pm your paypal details including postage&fees and i'll get straight on it.:D

Should be able to get it in the post tomorrow morning, so should be with you next day (Friday), fingers crossed, it is Royal Mail after all.

Paypal - [email protected], called it a nice round £25 including p&p. Include your address in the paypal.

Cheers

Aren't the K&N ones prone to spliting at the filter neck? I've heard of 5 or 6 people that have had this happen.

It's probably due to some people overtightening the J-clip, but I played safe and went with the AEM.

I had my filter fitted for a year and a half,its been on and off quite a few times.The rubber is still nice and soft with no splits.

Arn't the PE Air Impulse VII 's meant to be pretty good ?.

They are, but not really any use for singles as you'd have to make an adaptor.

We stock single turbo filters, not K&N, but have a polished cap on the end and a very durable top fitting, 4" so ideal for singles.

Gaz.

They are, but not really any use for singles as you'd have to make an adaptor.

We stock single turbo filters, not K&N, but have a polished cap on the end and a very durable top fitting, 4" so ideal for singles.

Gaz.

well recommend envys ran one on my last one and running one on the new one too quality is great much better than the k&n in my opinion

Pretty much any filters with a 4" inlet from the major filter players is fine, I currently have a PiperCross on mine after I split the K&N.

Is it the standard Pipercross or the Viper with the built in cool air feed Wes? Curious to know if the Viper kit would be of any benefit on a small single, as they do this one for the EVO that could be made to fit.

http://www.pipercross.net/viper_evo.asp

Is it the standard Pipercross or the Viper with the built in cool air feed Wes? Curious to know if the Viper kit would be of any benefit on a small single, as they do this one for the EVO that could be made to fit.

http://www.pipercross.net/viper_evo.asp

Standard at the moment but a Viper is in the pipelines :D

You would have to go with an EVO2 as its the only unit with big enough neck sizes, this is one of the main reasons for my ducted headlight as that is also 100mm ;)

Standard at the moment but a Viper is in the pipelines :D

You would have to go with an EVO2 as its the only unit with big enough neck sizes, this is one of the main reasons for my ducted headlight as that is also 100mm ;)

Let me know how you get on Wes, post some pics too if you do get one. Any idea how good the filter element is in them?