The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what is this switch.....

SMiFFAD

Ill get a photo of it later if no one knows what im talking about, but...

Theres a switch under my dash, about where your right knee is, basically pointing at the floor. it looks like its factory fit, although it may have just been a good after thought.

WHAT DOES IT DO? Its either a simple on off switch or a two way toggle switch of some sort, and has a round logo on it.....

Anyone else got this and know what it does, when i press it it doesnt seem to do much :blink:

said button:

Thinking about it... possibly something to do with the parking sensors? Although it appears to be OFF and they still work... :blink:

I take it you were being sarcastic when you said it had parking sensors and they still worked in the off position.

If you are not being sarcastice the Supra did not come with parking sensors, unless it was a factory option that I have never known about (learn something new everyday) if it is the bleep when in reverse that is standard with all auto's, it's sole purpose for bleeping is to annoy the feck out of you.

I take it you were being sarcastic when you said it had parking sensors and they still worked in the off position.

If you are not being sarcastice the Supra did not come with parking sensors, unless it was a factory option that I have never known about (learn something new everyday) if it is the bleep when in reverse that is standard with all auto's, it's sole purpose for bleeping is to annoy the feck out of you.

Mine has parking sensors.... but only on one side oddly enough, i came to the conclusion as you cant really see the passengers side front/back they had them installed on that side only. So not only does it beep in reverse, it goes spastic if you reverse near anything!

I would guess from the symbol that it turns off the interior alarm sensors. Turn it off, then set the alarm with the windows down and see if it goes off.

It now has a clifford alarm on it, which may explain why it doesnt "seem" to do anything lol

Neons? ;) teehee, dunno dude.

Bloody hope not, if it is i just drove home with them on :blink:

Next clue: when you turn it ON, it beeps from behind the dash.....just the once

Can i take it im in somewhat of a minority with this button? oooh im speshul lol :p

Mine has parking sensors.... but only on one side oddly enough, i came to the conclusion as you cant really see the passengers side front/back they had them installed on that side only.

Apparantly you can get fined in Japan for not parking close enough to the curb! A car I was looking at before I bought mine had this and that was what I was told.

I've got parking sensors too...the rear ones are on all the time (no switch) and the fronts have a switch each (one for left hand one for right) there is a single beep when I switch either on. The symbol on the switch looks similar to yours too ??

Edit...just read both your sensors work with this switch off.

I've got parking sensors too...the rear ones are on all the time (no switch) and the fronts have a switch each (one for left hand one for right) there is a single beep when I switch either on. The symbol on the switch looks similar to yours too ??

That sounds familier.... i will haev to try and drive at a wall tomorrow with it on :blink:

Lets just hope they work :innocent:

Stick your hand round the back and see if it's actually got any wires attached to it... If so, pull them really hard, and then see what doesn't work anymore... That'll tell you what the switch's for...

Good shout!

Saw a girl with some fancy reversing sensors yesterday. Listening out the window for the bang noise of hitting the car behind.