The mkiv Supra Owners Club

And I Thought Nissan Spares Were Dear!

Tricky-Ricky

Guest gzaerojon

sorry for the hyjack but i'm have a set of stock turbos being fitted on monday, i think they might be still bolted to the manifold but if not can i use the original ones or will i need new ones? (turbo to manifold and manifold to head)

i didn't even give it a thought :(

The crank damper I can understand, its a quality bit of engineering and carefully balanced. It the washers, o-rings, clips and screws that have the real mad prices.

The worse exmaple I've had recently were the screw set to secure the undertray - £42.. thats for about 14 screws and plastic clips

Could this be the answer? had a trawl around a couple of parts places and one exhaust place to see if i could find an equivalent seal and came up with these, one is for a Nissan 100NX and the other is for a Honda Acclaim, both are the right fit/size just look slightly different material, but then the used genuine one on the right is a could have been a similar color when new , the Toyota one seems very slightly heaver, but i can't see why they wouldn't be ok both exhaust/manifold seals, so similar temps, what do you think £1.50 as opposed to £12.50 each.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p4a22815f322d084e365a77e9e031d6c8/e9dc2a5e.jpg

No comments or opinions on this then?

I'm not sure, here's a bump. :)

Personally I would've just bought the Toyota ones, I know thery're not cheap but you need them to do the job properly and you wouldn't want the hastle of having to fit them later on if the Nissan/Honda ones fail.

On a component in that location (extreme tempurature and temp changes), I would only use the Toyota one. If it weight different is obvioulsy has a different composition and may not be suitable for the temps/stresses the Toyota seal sees.

Plus, for the sake of a few quid of seals, you wouldn't want to have to replace them again should one fail, would you ;) :p