The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gbh motorsport

gaz1

I was in there today too! lovely car that candy apple one!!

Not too sure about the advice they gave me though!!

Said i wanted to go bpu and he told me:

Best to leave the first cat in! something to do with back pressure and the twins needing it!

No need for a fcd as i shouldnt be running anymore boost than 1bar on std turbos!

I would have to set up the boost controller myself after they have fitted it! he would not set it up for me just incase the car went bang whilst doing so!

so all i would need is fmic(hks) and boost controller (hks)+ plugs,

so parts+ fitting £1600!

All seems a bit strange to me as ive researched this for hours and everyone said need fcd/need double decat can run 1.2 bar so would need fcd!

and whats this about me having to set up my boost controller? im sure if i tried i would blow her up!! He said he does it that way to cover his ass if it goes bang!!

Best to leave the first cat in! something to do with back pressure and the twins needing it!

No need for a fcd as i shouldnt be running anymore boost than 1bar on std turbos!

I would have to set up the boost controller myself after they have fitted it! he would not set it up for me just incase the car went bang whilst doing so!

so parts+ fitting £1600!

All seems a bit strange to me as ive researched this for hours and everyone said need fcd/need double decat can run 1.2 bar so would need fcd!

and whats this about me having to set up my boost controller? im sure if i tried i would blow her up!! He said he does it that way to cover his ass if it goes bang!!

my car is set up by bob, 360bhp one cat removed,I have no fmic and no boost controler and still got my fcd and go's off the clock;)

so parts+ fitting £1600!

marmite. Personally not a fan as in my opinion they've given out some pretty ropey advice to people I know in the past (but others they've done a fantastic job with!)

I think that sort of sum's it up for me :(

I have seen Supragolds car and the chargespeed and they both looked great.

I've known Bob a while and he's a top bloke. I'm not technically minded and when you talk to him he does seem to do things differently to others. But then the power he makes from cars seems to prove him right. I have them do servicing and the like on my car and would have absolutely no problem recommending them. I guess threads like this are what companies get annoyed about as it would be very easy for one bad comment to spread while people like myself who are very happy customers could recommend them completely and that wouldn't be remembered. They've helped me out of some tricky situations and have put themselves out to do so, so if they're like that to everyone then people should defo give them a go. And when I've asked about mods I've always felt that he's told me what's best for the car rather than what would be best for his pocket.

it's things like this that make me wonder though:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=106276&highlight=gbh

To be fair though, I have heard HKS plugs ain't much cop. Can't really excuse that, but then I'm always a little cautious about things like this until you hear both sides of a story. I guess every company has moments when customers aren't happy as they can't please everyone all the time. People I've talked to have always been impressed with the work GBH have done on their cars!

Ive used GBH for all my work in the past. Adi has highlighted there recent fuckup, no biggie but still a fuckup.

Bob seems to know his stuff when it comes to big singles etc but when it comes to BPU supra like mine its as if he doesnt want to know. I dont blame him really, what would you want to do? work on big singles or service BPU supras?

Millsy, im fucked off i was charged £100 for so called HKS plugs that turnt out to be £30's worth or NGK's despite me saying they didnt need doing. At the time i just took it on the chin saying thats ok to change them as like i say, Bob has maintained a good service to me.

Just for the info HKS plugs are badged Denso's anyway :)

I will be going back to GBH, there is no where bloody remotely near here anyway but will be returning the useless plugs.

Bob did some instalation work for a customer of mine. He installed a fuel kit, turbo, and engine from that 600bhp car i broke up. Dyno'd at 598bhp. Bang on the money if you ask me! But my god he's a miserable git when he phones for parts! :D