The mkiv Supra Owners Club

internals for Nos

couv3z

just having one of them lovely thoughts you get when you really what to do something, and have no money

one day i hope to do a turbo conv on my N/A but that one day is very far away along with the 5k i will never save:)

i'm planning on havin Nos kit fitted, so i can have some extra horse when i want, and to purdge while curb craling. i heard somewhere 16 year old girl love it ;) (that is a joke before anyone says anything)

would it be a sinsible idea to replace the

Head casket with HKS one(or at least a upgraded one)

New spark plugs to burn at a high temp

Bigger (stronger) bottom head bolts

New 550 injectors (as you know all n/a are j-spec )

(some of this might not be needed but might as well in prep for the turbo conv)

if i've missed anything please let me know but what do you think?

i think you can put 50-75 bhp nos jet in without having to upgrade the engine internals .make sure you fit a progresive feed otherwise you will melt your engine, most nos systems only operate at full throttle.thinking of doing the same but its the £50 - 60 a time refills that are putting me off TBH.

You can use nitrous on NA or TT. Just be careful and always use a progressive controller really.

Is it worth it? hmm for the odd burst maybe, refills aren't cheap though as people have said, and it REALLY doesn't go a long way.

I'd love to do it. But i'll blow my car up i reckon.

I'd love to do it. But i'll blow my car up i reckon.

With a decent controller like a twisty sanity unit, it will actually monitor your AFR as well, and shut down the system if there is any faults. Provided you don't go stupid silly with it, it is a nice thing.

EDIT : Also go for a wet spray and not a dry system otherwise you have to fiddle with the fueling at an ECU level...

turbo fit have quoted me 800 (ish lost the bit of paper with quote on) for full install and set up

don't know about that 260 quid controller tho¬

Good price there. My mum can uses Nos in her work (chiropody) at £50 for a huge bottle (bout 3x bigger than the normal nos bottles)... tempting:eyebrows: especially for the time you reallt need to beat someone

Unless you're going for direct port injection then you don't need to upgrade injectors, the NOS kit has its own injector fed from the pump. If your pump is tired it might be an idea to replace that with an upgraded item.

No need for a new head gasket, but plugs would be a good idea.