The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra mentioned in Top Gear 100

pistonbroke

Just bought the top gear magazine which has the top 100 fastest cars. Its not a list regarding stats of how fast a car goes, but a list of cars that make you feel 'alive' when you drive them.

The Supra came in at 82 and states the following.

Toyota Supra Turbo :

Three litre straight six twin turbo nutter drift car tuned to 1000bhp by loonies, but its still great with 'only' the standard 320bhp.

It beat the likes of Evo VI, honda NSX, aston v8 vantage roadster, m3 csl, caterham r500, atom supercharged, and a few others.

:D

Readin on, I'm not sure they are a running list of worst at 100 to best at 1. Its just the overall top 100 in no particular order, example is that the corsa vxr is in the 30's :shock: and the new track lotus monster is at 100.

So the fact that the supra is even in there is noteworthy :)

Yeah but it had to be from italy etc. if your talking about the topgear one?

good stuff :) i remember shouting at the tv when they had 10k to spend on the best supercar they could find & none of them picked the supra!

Question, is the Supra really a supercar though :rolleyes:

I think in terms of other Jap cars the supra is a Japanise super car along with the NSX and Skyline, ok they may not be the same as a Zonda or Kossenzeg but the styling building is tottaly different over in Japan so you cant really compair them.

I didnt think the list was in any order I think it was just a list of 100 great cars

Oh reading Clarksons latest book at the mo and every time he mensions toyota he has said the only good thing they have made was the supra but thats only driven by young men wearing too many gold necklaces and hariy chests.