The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone know what this rubber bit is for? (on Aerotop roof clips in boot)

tichkent

Noticed today in my boot (while putting the roof in, having finally got some decent weather :)) that there are strange rubber bits attached to the roof clips towards the front of the car. See attached piccy (where the rubber bit is sitting loose in front of the clip). I've lost the one on the other side (it was there when I got the car, but is no longer, probably knocked off by me putting the roof in and out lots over the past week).

Does anyone know what these bits are for? They don't touch the roof when it is clipped in and don't seem to serve any purpose other than getting in the way! Just interested to know...

StrangeRubberBit.jpg

Its just a rubber stopper, to supposedly stop the roof from vibrating too much. I've only got the one as well. Mine just rattles in the boot anyway!

I have since then put some sponge on the topside of the roof clips to dampen the rattling. It works well til they come off!