The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie looking for a supra

supra_si

hey guys n gals, ive currently got a lexusis200 but with a house on the way i have to sell up and release sum funds, this also enables me to get something like a supra and have sum change.

ive always wanted one and i love toyotas. had the mr2 sw20 lexi is200 now want the daddy.

what should i be looking for apart from low mileage when it comes to buying a supra im not fussed with either TT or n/a its only 80 quid difference on insurance.

cheers people

si

Welcome, check out the guides here in the faq to give you an idea of what to look for, if your not too fussed with either n/a or tt first drive both and see what you think, it really depends what your after, the n/a will be a fair bit quicker than the is200 and the tt even more so, so it's dependent on what your happy with and if you plan to leave it pretty standard, I wouldnt necessarily just hold out for a low mileage example, go by the condition ;) and you would be best off buying a car from a member on here.

Good luck.

Yeah, how old is the Lexus. After driving an IS200 I am not sure that the NA will feel a whole lot quicker Tbh. I have an NA and ?I love it, I think a TT would get me into too much trouble and would also worry the crap out of me with the repair costs if anything goes wrong. On the other hand, there are a lot of members on here that will swear by the TT. The performance is amazing.

It all depends on waht you want from a car. I wanted a bit of power, reliability and to look fantastic!! Which mine does...:D

If power is a big issue.......go TT.

H.

For 5.5k you should be able to get a very good example of an N/A but would be struggling to get a tidy TT. Ive got an N/A and love it. Like Havard said its pretty quick, reliable and looks great. You can always do a turbo conversion or sell up and get a TT if you want more power. Im currently considering a NA-T conversion (for the future) as Ive almost got the supe looking how I really want it to.

Guest Gavman

Hi,

Newbie here, I'm just after selling my M3 and just want to fullfill my dreams and get myself a Supra, lookin to spend around 8-10k but haven't a clue which model to go for and also notice so many of them are auto... whats the story with that!

If any can provide some useful advice please

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...