The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller & 2nd De Cat

Wayney

Hey guys, I currently has a stock TT engine 6 speed, with full BPU, with the 1st DeCat done. I wanted to up the BHP and was told I need a Boost Controller and a 2nd DeCat.

1) Can any one recommend a good make & model Boost Controller

2) Where I can get a new or recon 2nd DeCat pipe

3) Apart from forking out massive on going Single any other cheap tweaks I can do on increasing the BHP.

Cheers guys :)

3) Apart from forking out massive on going Single any other cheap tweaks I can do on increasing the BHP.

1. Any of the Blitz boost controllers; Dual SBC Spec, SBC-IDIII, SBC i-color or the new HKS EVC VI.

2. Chris Wilson

3. Cams (i256/ex264) and Emanage Ultimate ECU would be my recommendation.

If you need any more advice or prices for any of the above just let me know.

I've got a Greddy Profec B Type II. Cheap and cheerful. :)

Envy, Chris Wilson, Miami GT.........

Cams, E-manage, FMIC, hybrids..........

Edited! Too late!!!

I've got a Greddy Profec B Type II. Cheap and cheerful. :)

Cheers Steviekid, how much u wanting for ur Greedy Boost Controller?

Cams, E-manage, FMIC, hybrids..........

Also Re Cams, E-manage, FMIC & hybrids roughly how much we talking ££££

Cheers Ray me old son, yeer still not quite got the knack of parking yet. Thinking about installing parking cameras and parking sensors along both the doors and wings of the car to make sure I don't curb those lovely shiny wheels! LOL :p

Cheers Ray me old son, yeer still not quite got the knack of parking yet. Thinking about installing parking cameras and parking sensors along both the doors and wings of the car to make sure I don't curb those lovely shiny wheels! LOL :p

Its a pleasure me ol'todger, parking comes with age and experience. Sensors and cameras can be sourced on Ebay for pretty cheap ;). While your at it i'd reccomend some bullbars to stop the likes of Rush bumping into your lovely motor :D

Have you decided which boost controller to go for?

Since you have a j-spec you will also need a restrictor ring in ur de-cat or else you will boost spike iirc. Someone correct me if i am wrong :innocent: Bpu makes a hell of a difference... However if you wanna keep up with the likes of JamieP or Wkdtime id reccomend a Single turbo...Go on you know you wanna! :) Loose change to a man like you :cool:

I got a Blitz dual SBC which works fine with your proposed set-up.

Also you will need a Fuel Cut Defender (Thor) if you want to avoid scaring the shite out of yourself at full chat!

mate how much did your one cost?

I just getting an idea of costing at the moment :)

I would see what boost you reach with a 2nd decat, restrictor ring and fuel cut defender (can recommend the Thor VFCC) before splashing out on a boost controller.

You may find a boost controller is not required to see 1.2 bar on your Jspec. My car came with a boost controller but its zero'd out and always left switched off as I see 1.2bar already on my JDM tubbies.

Hey Wayne, knew it would not be long before you wanted more power, you coming to reading tomorrow?:)

Mate you can never have enough power, u was my inspiration, after seeing and hearing your car at Ace the other nit, has had me thinking, my be I need more power.

Re Reading, I'm up for a bit of a cruise down there and on the way back. Is any thing planned?

Mate you can never have enough power, u was my inspiration, after seeing and hearing your car at Ace the other nit, has had me thinking, my be I need more power.

Re Reading, I'm up for a bit of a cruise down there and on the way back. Is any thing planned?

Yea i think Lui is cruising up with a few so give him a ring, mine is in the bodyshop so ill be in the truck;)