The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First day to work in my supra.

morpheus1870

Ok took car the car to work today for first time, drove well, comfortable as expected and turned plenty of heads LOL. Few questions though:

1) The car tends to pull when going over holes and dips in the road is this normal? (on a flat road car does not pull at all)

2) Handling seems to be better and more planted when turning right as opposed to turning left? (when going left seems as the back end is fighting a bit for traction)

I think the car may need a proper alignment.

3) I've got 195miles from half a tank which includes motorway (over the weekend) and city stuff. This seems quite good to me is this what most na models get?

(manual sz-r na, 17inch tyres, plenty of tread)

1. Mine is quite sensitive to any anomalies in the surface so I am not surprised by that

2. Sorry, can't come with an answer for that, you sure tyre pressures are all equal

3. Wish I could get consuption like that (but I got a BPU TT), would imagine that is pretty good though :)

1.that will prob be camber in the road.is your supe lowered?

my car hates unatural camber in the road due to it being lowered

2.check to make sure your suspension is all ok and the tyres

3.thats good fuel consumption,what mods you done?i get bout 400ish on full tank on motorway but about 300 city driving

1. Mine is quite sensitive to any anomalies in the surface so I am not surprised by that

2. Sorry, can't come with an answer for that, you sure tyre pressures are all equal

3. Wish I could get consuption like that (but I got a BPU TT), would imagine that is pretty good though :)

Thanks buddy

tyre pressure are same all round, could it be a suspension issue?

car is deff sensitive to the road imprefections and at times caught me by surprise lol

1.that will prob be camber in the road.is your supe lowered?

my car hates unatural camber in the road due to it being lowered

2.check to make sure your suspension is all ok and the tyres

3.thats good fuel consumption,what mods you done?i get bout 400ish on full tank on motorway but about 300 city driving

Not lowered on standard suspension as far as i know. is there anyway i can check suspension is ok myself? and could it be the tyres need alignment?

no engine mods just a hks back box and hks induction kit.

3) I've got 195miles from half a tank which includes motorway (over the weekend) and city stuff. This seems quite good to me is this what most na models get?

dude i wish i got that much mileage from half a tank.

the best i've ever got from half a tank is 130 and that was motorway driving and around town.

i'm thinking i may have a problem :think:

Morpheus,

I thought you were coming to Harewood yesterday. What happened?

Was gutted about that mate especially with the good weather looked like a smashing day from the pics posted in the media section. Unfortunately my girlfriends step dad passed so couldn't make it. Hope to meet up with you all though on the next local meet.

If it was suspension/shocker I would think you would feel it under hard acceleration/braking even in a straight line. Might be worth having the geometry checked out

Will check the suspension and also the geometry see if thats ok. Might just be me and nothing is wrong however just seems a little out on those left turns.

Thanks all

the best i've ever got from half a tank is 130 and that was motorway driving and around town.

Most likely a duff oxygen sensor

OMG - I get 240 to a tank if I drive it nicely!...

i get bout 400ish on full tank on motorway but about 300 city driving

Again - OH MY GOD...

Yeah, me too...

Most likely a duff oxygen sensor

That's what I've been told, I'm going to get mine cleaned, but think I need new ones... How much're we look at Mr Nic?...

That's what I've been told, I'm going to get mine cleaned, but think I need new ones... How much're we look at Mr Nic?...

Normal price £85 including postage for an O2 sensor, I've been told they are considerably more expensive there.

It may seem a lot, but when you consider the cost of a tank of fuel and the effect it has on fuel consumption, a new one will pay for itself in fuel savings quite quickly. If your sensor is knackered, fitting a new one will also make your car feel smoother and should give a slight performance increase, as you will be running too rich with a duff O2 sensor.

1) The car tends to pull when going over holes and dips in the road is this normal? (on a flat road car does not pull at all)

QUOTE]

I work at Canary Wharf and I drive back to the A13 along Marsh Wall.. This road has been dug up about 4 GZillion times and patched up and it's like riding a roller coaster even doing 20.. Never knowing which way it's go next.

Smooth road, no problems....

Lowered and on 18" wheels.

Must take the Mrs's Mondeo next time. :D