The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best N/A-T kit. Goal is 400+ BHP at flywheel [1.1 - 1.2 bar]

SupraPL

Who is interested in group buy?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=1369590#post1369590

Hello guys.

I'm looking for N/A-T kit for my JDM non turbo, 5 speed manual Supra.

My goal is 400 - 420 BHP @ flywheel (up to 1.2 bar). I don't need big turbo for 600BHP ;) I use the car as my second car (just my toy), but it must be still very reliable after modification.

That's my highest priority:

1. reliability

2. power up to 420 BHP.

I'm very curious what your choices might be.

Regards

Tomasz

PS I prefer spend more £ for a top quality kit, rather than pay less for something crap ...

I'd personally give Greg a shout at Turbofit mate. He's done plenty of NA-Ts and Single Installs and they certainly do their installs well! They had a 550 NA-T up on the rollers recently! :)

Turbofit.co.uk and go to contact us and drop them a line. I think they did Voo51 (Vicki's) single convo too not long ago and that's a beast! ;)

Boost Logic Stage I NA-Turbo Kit

"This kit contains everything you need to convert your Non Turbo MKIV Supra or SC300 into a turbo charged sleeper. The Stage I Kit enables you to make upwards of 300RWHP at 7psi."

PHR Stage 1 Single Turbo System

" The Stage 1 Single Turbo System for the Non Turbo Supra offers approximately 310-320 RWHP for automatic owners, and 320-330 RWHP for five speed manual cars at 8 psi of boost pressure."

I have got three questions:

1. 7-8 PSI = ? bar

2. 330RWHP = ??? BHP at flywheel

3. Which turbo is better for 400-420BHP? Which one will start spool faster? Garrett GT60 turbocharger (PHR) or T61 .58A/R Ptrim Turbo w/ T4 flange (Boostlogic)

Cheers

Tomasz

I have got three questions:

1. 7-8 PSI = ? bar

2. 330RWHP = ??? BHP at flywheel

3. Which turbo is better for 400-420BHP? Which one will start spool faster? Garrett GT60 turbocharger (PHR) or T61 .58A/R Ptrim Turbo w/ T4 flange (Boostlogic)

Cheers

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz

You are limited in the boost you can run due to the higher compression ratio of the 2JZGTE engine and also the fuel system. To do the job 'properly' you would need to fit new pistons to lower the compression and fit all new fuel system.

I would personally not consider fitting a turbo on an NA, if it was me I would either sell the car and buy a TT (the best and cheapest option IMO) or fit a TT engine in the car.

Fitting a turbo kit on an NA and making it 'reliably' run 400+ hp will cost a LOT more than either of the above options.

cheers

Hi Tomasz

You are limited in the boost you can run due to the higher compression ratio of the 2JZGTE engine and also the fuel system. To do the job 'properly' you would need to fit new pistons to lower the compression and fit all new fuel system.

My mate's Supra use OEM TT headgasket to lower the compression. Two years passed since conversion was done and hadn't any problems at all.

I would personally not consider fitting a turbo on an NA, if it was me I would either sell the car and buy a TT (the best and cheapest option IMO) or fit a TT engine in the car.

No way! I bought my 2002 SZ because i want own car as young as possible. I will never sell it! ;)

Fitting a turbo kit on an NA and making it 'reliably' run 400+ hp will cost a LOT more than either of the above options.

cheers

Yes i know :(

Thank you very much Nick.

Regards

Tomasz

My mate's Supra use OEM TT headgasket to lower the compression. Two years passed since conversion was done and hadn't any problems at all.

Why don't you ask you mate to join the forum and share his experience and knowledge with us all?