grahamc

Considering that I can now insure the supra, do I  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Considering that I can now insure the supra, do I

• Leave it as is, racing seats and 450 - 500BHP
    • Do I strip the hell out of it, and see how far I get

Guest Phillw454
nice... :D

well I only 5000 miles on the insurance, I walk to work, and if I change, I will be taking the train, so its always a 2nd car.

Well there you go.

2nd car so no need to give people lifts, dont have to drive it far, hell if that was me id have another engine in the back to help with the bhp:)

Can i make a suggestion if i may.

Remove the interior fixtures (carpet et al) but drive it for a while to see if you can stick it out. i know from experience how noisy the car becomes with no interior ;)

If you can live with the noise then gut it :D

Good suggestion, might be the best idea... Main thing this car will do, is drive to events, compete, then drive home.

Then the odd short trip.

strip it out but then add a roll cage or something if its completely empty i think it wont look good at all.

That would be the plan, as carbon fibre doors offer very little protection in side crashes...

Leave it as is, it stops becoming fun when you have to drive for an hour or so, and you can hear everything thats going on, and every stone on the road:d

thats why I have a nice loud exhaust...

looking forward to seeing your car graham! you will have to take me for a spin once its all mapped up :D

Definitely!! Well you should be receiving the car today or tomorrow!! Very keen to see what she runs at... You will see a more completed product than what I have seen!! :tongue:

The noise will drive you MAD, trust me I drove the Turbofit Supra to the Ace cafe meet and both me and Sam dreaded the thought of driving back in it.

Then maybe colsoops suggestion is a really good idea. Trial it first....

I'd worry about getting it insured first!!:)

H.

A-Plan have quoted and I am happy with that so far...

Strip it!!! :D

I've been contemplating this, I've done it before on my civic and man was it noisey but great fun when going for a blat. Horrendous on long journeys though.

I have a mazda for long trips...

It really does sound like fun stripping the car. Just need to cover some pieces with something (not sure yet) just to make it "cleaner" on the inside.

You got some pics of your civic??

I have a mazda for long trips...

It really does sound like fun stripping the car. Just need to cover some pieces with something (not sure yet) just to make it "cleaner" on the inside.

You got some pics of your civic??

'twas rather loud as it had TODA racing manifold, Buddy club spec 3 exhaust, Jun stage 3 cams and revved nicely to 9250rpm!! :D

In my opinion the Supra shouldn't be no where near as bad as that

interior2.jpg

DSC01983small.JPG

ek4_ext_12.JPG

'twas rather loud as it had TODA racing manifold, Buddy club spec 3 exhaust, Jun stage 3 cams and revved nicely to 9250rpm!! :D

In my opinion the Supra shouldn't be no where near as bad as that

Thats actually quite nice... 3rd pic just doesnt seem to do it any justice though. first 2 are awesome! you still got the car?

The supra is rough and loud already, how much worse can it possibly get?

Thats actually quite nice... 3rd pic just doesnt seem to do it any justice though. first 2 are awesome! you still got the car?

The supra is rough and loud already, how much worse can it possibly get?

Ta mate, I don't have it anymore but I loved it dearly. Some other pics of it in my garage.

I can't see it being too over the top if you strip it. What exhaust have you got?