The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauge Locations To Look Neat and Tidy

dandan

All,

I am planning on refitting my Defi boost gauge and EGT gauge back into the car in preparation for a bit of BPU++ tuning as I need to keep an eye on things while mapping and setting the car up. These two gauges are going in an A pillar replacement piece.

I also want to fit a Defi water temperature gauge and an AEM wideband but have no idea where to put the water temp gauge.

I plan to replace the clock with the AEM wideband display and just need to decide where to mount the water temp gauge. I don't want any extra gauge pods screwed onto the dash and don't really want to lose an aircon vent either.

Does anyone have any extra gauges fitted into the dash anywhere?

Many thanks

Dan

ps This is a facelift car/dash.

The only concern that I have about Din holders and glove box holders is that the gauges are in an area that isn't within your normal scanning area when driving. Although others complain that an A Pillar pod is too "in yer face".

yer thats the only thing i can see wrong with them! i prefer to have them right infront of me...

The only concern that I have about Din holders and glove box holders is that the gauges are in an area that isn't within your normal scanning area when driving. Although others complain that an A Pillar pod is too "in yer face".

I'll have the AFR gauge in clock location, boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge on pillar pod, for checking whist driving. I'll then have oil pressure, EGT and oil temp in glove box pod. The Defi gauges I'm using have an audible alarm and warning light so hopefully they will alert me in the event of a problem.

How about 1 by the electric mirror FLIP switch?

I'll have a look tonight if there's room for a 60mm there....

Personally I'm not keen on the glove box pods and I don't really want to replace an air vent. I think I'm asking for the impossible almost unless I...

1. Put one in the dash

2. Put one on top of the steering column in a little pod.

3. Get a 3 gauge pod instead of my existing 2 gauge 1.

Good place for the AFR gauge is ontop of the steering cowl in a pod, i have mine there and its dead easy to read while driving and you can still see all the numbers on the rev counter round the edge:)

I used to have my Origin B2 there as well as that was pretty good too - didn't obscure the other gauges as you say.

However, I can put the AEM wideband in the clock location (as it's small enough and has a bezel to suit) which only leaves me with one 60mm gauge to find a home for....possibly above the steering cowl

Good place for the AFR gauge is ontop of the steering cowl in a pod, i have mine there and its dead easy to read while driving and you can still see all the numbers on the rev counter round the edge:)

Got mine in the same place. Works well, but can't see the gear position indicator (auto):)