The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Envy

JamesRZ

I have owned a Supra for nearly 2 years now and i have never had anyone give anything but respect to it (with exception on the odd chav!). When you are driving through town people admire it kids point and stare ,even if you pull up at the lights next the likes of a porsche they always give you a nod. However i picked up my new Jaguar XKR (company car not for my audio business neither!) a couple of weeks ago and since then had nothing but tosser or wan*er comments everywhere i have been even got it spat on by a car full of chavs! The final insult came today when driving through Nottingham a black j-spec Supra pulled up next to me and when i said nice car he just looked at me called me a T**t and booted it nearly taking a bike out! Normally in the Sup when i have seen another owner he has pulled up and had a bit of a chat never had a bad experince with a fellow owner. I love my Supra and would easily put it in the same class of car, granted it doesnt have the same price or comfort but it is a lot faster handles better nicer to drive and costs a hell of a lot more to run and thats something against a V8 Supercharged Jag! Would also like to point out if this is level of abuse you get in a Jag i would hate to own a Porsche or Ferrari!

Guest Phillw454

Sounds bad:(

Id never judge someone on the car they drive unless they were an A hole in it.

Even the supra guy sounds abit lame:(

The prices are dropping with the new model. I would have thought they could be tuned quite heavily it seems like such a inefficent engine. The only problem i have with it is that it drives to much like a american car, sounds awsome though i have a video of me and the boss trying out its topend on a private estate, i will see if i can upload it.

There really are some strange drivers about. As i said in a 'was it you' thread; a man pulled up 3 spaces away from me in a car park in a red supe whilst i was standing by mine. I had the boot open or something (so its not obvious i was just admiring the car :p). When he got out i said 'nice car' and he looked at me and gave me the ignorant 'i've got a flash car so i ignore people like you' look. I know that happens a lot but i was even standing with mine :shrug:

It still surprises me that there are so many ignorant people about who act like arseholes!!!

I have had a few occasions where I have tried to offere a compliment or have a bit of a chat and people have been funny with me.

I tend to take this really badly and abuse them for being a tw@t. For me, if you try be nice and someone is nasty then the gloves are off!!:sly:

H.

Yeh thats well out of order, its shameful that people cant be atleast civil to anouther person whos invoking polite conversation with them.

He probably felt you were taking the piss out of his car or something, or just felt that you were sticking the jag in his face even tho you werent.

I personally would choose not to react, id simply brush off the comments and think f**king tw@t, that why i wouldnt lower myself to that level!.