The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham - Today

Wez

Hey All,

What an awsome day today, weather was good and track was very grippy.

I think the Supras did very very well, gutted the F40 blew a turbo before I had a chance to play with it :(

Anyone thinking about some R888 I can highly recommend them, worked a treat today.

:eyebrows:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool.. I dont know about you (as you're running a lot more power than me) but I did find it hard to get the back end to drift out under acceleration coming out of corners etc, they just dug in and held the car nice and smooth. :)

I guess if you push it to get the back end out they'll break traction but for fast track driving the car felt very safe.

Yep same here, had a couple of moment with a fast corner leading onto the main straight but 99% they just gripped.

I followed Mike onto the straight and he was going very sideways ;)

I had so much fun today... the track and course was 100% set up for the supras.. just a few tight bits to give everyone else a bit of false hope, and then... we were just gone..

The old rltc... the bottom corner was awesome... so much room, so much fun, and the rest - the car worked so well today.. perfect balance, you can steer it where you want with the throttle... big smiles!

although I don't think my goodyears like me any more.

Had a major fishtail moment, on the second lap.. Ash killed a cone, and we had another major supra off close to the viewing area.. to add to the drifting entertainment.

That straight was awesome - I was hitting 160-170 on the speedo and then full brakes down the 2nd gear for the chicane.. my foot is sore from the brake pedal! It was big power heaven... I found myself wanting another couple of hundred horespower here and there...lol

I didn't really find anything super meaty to play with...which was a real surprise... Wez goes for it when you poke him, The ultimas wouln't bite when I came past, I never found Ash, the F50 drove like a prat then blew up... it was the same f50 that clackson revisited on top gear recently. Evo was quick around the bends, but lost on the straights. The supras had the day I recon..

Here is a little pic.

I have ordered the DVD and Pic CD from the event which will hopefully have some good footage, I did shoot past the camera car a couple of times :eyebrows:

looking forward to seeing this - I dodn't have cheque or enough cash when I left and they said I couldn't order one...

I see if I can get a set tomorrow via si

I didnt rate the Ultimas at all, they looked quick on the straights but everywhere else I thought they were very average.

Yeah, they really didn't shine so well... awesome to look at and sound nice... that R32 with the kai was going well, but he had a very small power band. he was wanting to play with us, as his group wan't so inetersting so he said.

There was a white evo 3 there that was quite quick, even on the straights (he rand out of gears at 160 so he said) until it ended up on the end of the firemans hose..:taped:

Such a friendly atmosphere, enthusiastic organisers, georgeous weather, light hearted, all proceeds to charity (17.5k) made a fantastic day out, even if it did cost me 150 quid of v power!

Thanks to Heckler for arranging - much appreciated!!

At one point there were 3 of us going down the main straight on full chat, wonder what that sounded like to all the cars we passed :D

Yeah.. had a surreal moment when we were barreling through about 6-7 cars... including the holden.. it felt like we were hooning it through a car park... I think a lot of the other cars were just plodding down there... or maybe we were that quick...? hard to believe the speed difference was so big sometimes.

did anyone have a go at that old vauxhaul drag car? it sounded like a monster in the pits...

Really gutted I missed this, definitely going to the next one. Did everyone get in ? Thought it was oversubsribed :search:

Mate, it was empty compared to what I thought it would be...

there was so much room it was unfunny... a lot of cars but so much track time that it was a perfect car density for fun vs holdups...

best day I have done so far... makes up for the donnington debacle.

Really gutted I missed this, definitely going to the next one. Did everyone get in ? Thought it was oversubsribed :search:

I think everyone had more than enough track time, it was session based and worked on approx 30min sessions but after 25min full on you need a rest anyway.

The cars quickly seperated and they track was big enough so the number of cars wasnt an issue, I did get held up on some of the corners but only for a short while.

Hi guys

This was a really good weekend and the Supras sounded awesome :)

I'm def gonna get the car ready for next year as going around in my mates MR2s was awesome fun so can't wait to get some Track time in the Supra...

Great to meet some new faces too - The photo looks awesome :)

Rob

What an awesome day! :D

Great weather, nice mix of cars, Good selection of soops (colours, kits, n/a, TT, singles etc.) and the track was made for us!

I must admit I was a bit apprehensive doing this in my soop as the two previous times I tried to do this here, I had car problems in the days preceding the event. Last April I had cracked brake discs and in the sept I popped my turbos. This meant I had to do it in my N.A. 300zx which I enjoyed- but after yesterday its gonna be soop every time.

My intention was to do a slowish first session (sessions were 25-30 mins) to get familiar with the track and make sure my car was up to it and have a balls out second session and then probably call it a day.

Needless to say my plans changed. After the first session I had lost all my apprehensions and was already doing it at max chat.

The second session was spent trying to go round as fast as I could using the correct lines etc.

The 3rd session was spent sideways on every corner and I had decided that I might as well stay until I ran out of rubber.:)

Unfortunately, after about 20 mins of the 4th session I ran out of petrol!!!:rolleyes: I managed to limp back to the pits though where I had a can - just enough to get me home.:)

I changed my rear wheels ready for the drive home and had indeed reached the canvas- happy days ;)

By this time only Steve L and myself remained and he was on it. He had enough fuel for another session and offered to take me out in his single with his R888s fitted. F*^k it was quick and they had SO much grip. Cheers Steve.

Nice to meet you all. Can’t wait for the next one !

I changed my rear wheels ready for the drive home and had indeed reached the canvas- happy days ;)

lol... I remember you compaining that your already bald tyres refused to show canvas... no matter how hard you tried!

what do they handle like when all the tread has gone?