The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Q45 TB on a [ported] stock manifold

cowboy bebop

• 1 year later...

Kev, do you actually NEED a bigger throttle butterfly? Just measure the pressure drop across it, I'd be surprised if the stock one, at your air flow levels, is much of a restriction. You just need 2 accurate pressure gauges. For road or track usage people would be better investing in a multiple throttle body set up, budget permitting, and get better response.

Whats the problem Kev ?

Trying to find a better way of removing the Trac control from the T/B, than what has been done before, and wondered whether billet would look better than the stock cast.

Kev, do you actually NEED a bigger throttle butterfly? Just measure the pressure drop across it, I'd be surprised if the stock one, at your air flow levels, is much of a restriction. You just need 2 accurate pressure gauges. For road or track usage people would be better investing in a multiple throttle body set up, budget permitting, and get better response.

It's not for that reason Chris, I'm just looking for ways other than removing the buttery when I get the T/B polished.

Trying to find a better way of removing the Trac control from the T/B, than what has been done before, and wondered whether billet would look better than the stock cast.

It's not for that reason Chris, I'm just looking for ways other than removing the buttery when I get the T/B polished.

We dont need to remove the butterfly to get it polished Kev, only when it goes for chroming.

I think a billet one custom made to the same spec as the stock intake could look much better and should chrome up far nicer as well, i think i'll have a chat with my brother as he's had a small cnc miller repaired which im sure i can blag for a few hrs for a small exchange of ££'s :)

I reckon with how far youve gone on your car this will let it down, i mean the t/b ive got now will never look as great as you want it so think you should say let me polish up the one ive got and leave me to make the custom one :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What was done before ? did they remove the whole system then attempt to weld the holes up ?

Why not do what others have done( i think Wez did this) cut the throttle body before the trac and then use a longer intercooler pipe.

What was done before ? did they remove the whole system then attempt to weld the holes up ?

Why not do what others have done( i think Wez did this) cut the throttle body before the trac and then use a longer intercooler pipe.

I'm looking at having the BOV flange on the side of the T/B Colin, well that's the plan.

This wasn't done by Dunk, or any of our UK companies before anyone says anything :)