The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have a rattley knob!

cheekymonkey

Much to my girlfriends amusement I have a rattley knob :D

It's the 6 speed box and it's the sleeve you pull up to go into reverse - it's quite loose and the bottom part of it knocks against the metal underneath when I chance gear.

Anyone seen this before and have any hints on how to fix it?

Cheers :D

What you need to do is remove the 6 speed transmission, give it to me.. and I will replace it with a nice auto box.

Haha! Although that would quite probably improve my driving. It's no good having this power and still not being able to pull away smoothly. I am still used to the feather light clutch in my audi!

What you need to do is remove the 6 speed transmission, give it to me.. and I will replace it with a nice auto box.

Such a stupid answer!!!!

What you ACTUALLY need to do is rattle it some more and wiggle it about till it comes off and then stick it back down with some Wrigleys Extra that you have been chewing all day. :p

there is a tiny little screw that needs to go on there mate IIRC

Try a breakers? Jezzybabes?

:yeahthat: