The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone got pics of standard front bumper?

Millsy

Just got car back from repairs and not massively happy. Some of you suggested I complain - especially about the bolts in the front bumper. But I need to make sure I'm right if I do complain. So if someone could post a pic of their standard j-spec front bumper that would be a massive help (particularly the mouth in front of the radiator as I appear to have strange bolts going on that I don't remember being there before). Thanks in advance!! Pic of said bolts attached.

bolts.JPG

Ok Millsy, found one, infact 2, one was knackered but with good bolts and mounts, other was in good nick but knackered bolts and mounts, so cleaned it up and transfered the bolts. Drop me a PM with your address and its yours.

Good man. Impressed.:)

Small update. Went back to the bodyshop (they're a big insurance approved place) pointed out the problems and the result it:

they've ordered the plastic bit to cover the bolts, when it's in they'll take the car back, sort out the dodgy bit on the bonnet and fix the window. They're also looking into what can be done about the headlight but they can't make the decision apparently. They were actually really helpful so fingers crossed it all works out ok! Thanks to you all for convincing me to have words!

Small update. Went back to the bodyshop (they're a big insurance approved place) pointed out the problems and the result it:

they've ordered the plastic bit to cover the bolts, when it's in they'll take the car back, sort out the dodgy bit on the bonnet and fix the window. They're also looking into what can be done about the headlight but they can't make the decision apparently. They were actually really helpful so fingers crossed it all works out ok! Thanks to you all for convincing me to have words!

Excellent!! Great result.......;)

Just make sure you get the car back in the condition you wanted in, and don't pay anything yourself.

I had a bash in my Laguna when it was 3 months old and had a wail of a time getting the car back right. I ended up fixing everything myself and sending invoices to the insurance company. They paid up!!

H.

Fixing it yourself - not a bad idea. To be honest I probably could have saved insurance company loads of money by going somewhere else and probably would have got a few more odds and sods done at the same time - like touching up some paint that got damaged by the big vinyl mistake I made and adding facelift lights and a nice TS bumper. But I was never really given the choice. Great to be driving it again though!!! Feels really low after cruising about in a Zafira for the last month and a half!