The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DET cans

JohnK

i have a set but mapping alot at mo

if u can pop up to oxford one night u can use them

or just make a set not hard. Just industrial ear defenders with some 3/8 fittings tapped in then some fuel pipe connected to a 8mm copper tube which then screws to block. Done.

Better than any other kit i have tried so far

i have a set but mapping alot at mo

if u can pop up to oxford one night u can use them

or just make a set not hard. Just industrial ear defenders with some 3/8 fittings tapped in then some fuel pipe connected to a 8mm copper tube which then screws to block. Done.

Better than any other kit i have tried so far

have you a pic of one ? if its not too complicated i'll make a few up to use at the pod:) have a few ear defenders and pipes.

How long is the run of copper tube you use?? How much is rubber and from where?

Back in my days of running performance testbeds we used bundy tube (thin wall steel tube) run all the way from the top of the block to into the control room, with a plastic cup from the vending machine to stich your ear into :)

The best place for them on any car is the intake side of the block. As det always happens on the intake side as the pressure spike moves away from the hotter side of the engine. Bet when you see any engine thats blown from det or pre det the piston, ring or block always goes on the intake side ;)

The head is alright but can be sometimes hard to hear properly due to injector ticking and valve train noises.

There is a threaded hole on the block of the 2jzgte just underneith the oil cooler thats perfect

HTH

Thanks for the offers, I will have to look into making some, but im not going to have chance before pod.

Muffleman, it would be great if you could bring yours.

Ryan, im in Oxford quite often at weekends, im there tomorrow but unfortunatley I have to take the Mondeo :(