The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Frickin Much

Guest Geneb

Guest Geneb

Just had a full service on my Supra £700 inc vat:(

i know that included Cambelt and all tensioners and brakepads all round ,and all the fluids changed but by christ it seems alot...

saying that they did strip the caliper right down and clean them up. and fitted some replacement headlights i supplied

what is the average cost of the 132month service?

Guest gzaerojon
nope local garage but aparently it took em best part of a day to get crank bolt out

out of interest how did they get it out in the end?

Guest Geneb

well they broke one breaker bar and none of there buzz guns would do it, so they put it up on the ramps put a cross bar with socket on it on the head and put the bar against chassis the turned the starter motor it took 4 attempts but it gave in the end:)

Guest gzaerojon
well they broke one breaker bar and none of there buzz guns would do it, so they put it up on the ramps put a cross bar with socket on it on the head and put the bar against chassis the turned the starter motor it took 4 attempts but it gave in the end:)

we tried all that with mine but still nothing, got got the propper lock tool in the end :)

at least they didn't head it up ;)

Thats an ouch in the pocket but no so much of an ouch as having brake failure from dodgy old calipers (aristo forum dude was a nano away from that when he had his car serviced recently), timing belt snapping and buggering up your engine. Did they change your auxilliary belt as well? Something to consider on an N/A is the aux belt pulley as I have heard a few cases now of older/bigger mile N/A's have that let go and create mayhem.

If they have put the genuine oils in they are not cheap.

Guest Geneb
Thats an ouch in the pocket but no so much of an ouch as having brake failure from dodgy old calipers (aristo forum dude was a nano away from that when he had his car serviced recently), timing belt snapping and buggering up your engine. Did they change your auxilliary belt as well? Something to consider on an N/A is the aux belt pulley as I have heard a few cases now of older/bigger mile N/A's have that let go and create mayhem.

If they have put the genuine oils in they are not cheap.

I Have a TT bud and all the belts were changed

I want to do a full service on my supra including cam belt etc etc, where is good in the west midlands? im in dudley and i want a good garage thats not going to rip me off.

Im not that techy when it comes to cars but i know a thing or to. I just want a good job done.

Chris Wilson is not that far I belive :p