The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's back from repairs

Millsy

Which for any of you looking at this thread must be quite annoying as I haven't put any pics up yet.

But it had some woman drive into it about a month and a half ago so have been without it for a while. Not totally happy with the repairs on quick inspection - done a nice job with the paint I suppose but the passenger window stuck a bit just now - it was front of passengers side that got hit and there are bolts in the front bumper (in the mouth bit infront of the radiator) that seem quite visible compared to before. Plus they've put a ridiculously sized new front number plate on and the new headlight really is alot shinier and newer looking than the drivers side one. Apart from that I'm loving having the Supra back - just got a horrible feeling I'm going to want to start spending money I don't really have on making her look better!

You didn't manage to get the headlights done then? pity... bet you are glad to have it back though.

EDIT : IF you aren't happy with the job, take it back and complain to the insurance... show them pics of how it was before.. you pay for the service make sure it is done to your level of acceptance.

Yeah Millsy! Don't spend your own money making things look right. The insurance is there to ensure the car is as previously seen. Would you sell it with those issues and expect a potential buyer not to spot them??

I would go back and say you are not happy. You are in a wonderful position where you have nothing to lose!!;)

H.

That doesn't look like dirt to me. It looks like the backing from a facelift light, which is different. It's totally obviously not the same, but if they can't get a new one to match the broken one, they should replace both lights so at least they match. Since it's not at your expense, just point that simple fact out and don't sign the worksheet until you are happy. Remember, you are the victim in this - you have a right to have your car repaired to your satisfaction (within reason), and this looks unsatisfactory.

Surely I can't take it back just because one's older than the one they put in. Or do insurance jobs have to fix things so that things are equal. Not sure what I'd be able to say - not a massively good complainer to be honest!

Your words are "that looks ****ing stupid, sort it out"

Its not their fault they cant get 10 year old lights. They will sort it, afterall its not their money. Take it down and have a winge, happens all the time :)

That a pretty bad job all round. Who did the work? Anyone on here? Name and shame!!

I would seriously go back to them. Getting 1 headlight that is different is proper stingy and you could argue that the differing light levels coming through the two plastics obscures your vision and makes the car unsafe ;)

Oh and those bolts. Damn. :taped:

Just curious but when you have your car repaired, what happens when the obviously new repair makes the rest of the car look stupid.

ie If you had a 13 year old Red Supra and you had a couple of new bits, would the gargage be expected to clean or t-cut the rest of the car to match the repaied bits??

H.

Just curious but when you have your car repaired, what happens when the obviously new repair makes the rest of the car look stupid.

ie If you had a 13 year old Red Supra and you had a couple of new bits, would the gargage be expected to clean or t-cut the rest of the car to match the repaied bits??

H.

Mine did when I had the MR2 repaired, that was red. It never looked so good :)