The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who should I take my car to for some work?

RedM

I have finally come to the conclusion that the guy who usually works on my car is no longer into working on Supras.

So, I need to find someone who knows what needs to be done to swap a JDM autobox for a UK one.

I also need all my suspension components looked at along with the bushes, struts and arms etc.

I'm thinking CW for the susp. check up but who for the box swap.

It looks like I'm going to have to travel bloody miles regardless so don't think anywhere is too far.

I'm near Leeds BTW.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin,

In all honesty, why don't you give it a go yourself? take your time with it, and sure plenty of people would give you hand doing it.

Two reasons, cost (Labour is free) and experience, the only way to get to grips with things techy is to do them yourself.

If it's going to CW for suspension you might as well let him do the 'box as well.

But hopefully the email Stu@Storm is currently sending you might give you another idea... (if I get that right let me know ;))

I'm about to start looking for someone local to do me an engine build, that should be fun.

Martin,

In all honesty, why don't you give it a go yourself? take your time with it, and sure plenty of people would give you hand doing it.

Two reasons, cost (Labour is free) and experience, the only way to get to grips with things techy is to do them yourself.

I cannot carry out major work on my drive as part of my tenancy agreement. Also, said drive is sloping and pebbled! Also, I don't have tools, jacks or anything else and need the car every day so would rather pay for it to be done in one day rather than me taking several days.

If it's going to CW for suspension you might as well let him do the 'box as well.

CW didn't think a JDM to UK boxswap was a good idea.

But hopefully the email Stu@Storm is currently sending you might give you another idea... (if I get that right let me know ;))

Whowhatwherewhenhow?

I'm about to start looking for someone local to do me an engine build, that should be fun.

No joy with that company you enquired with down near the Midlands?

I cannot carry out major work on my drive as part of my tenancy agreement. Also, said drive is sloping and pebbled! Also, I don't have tools, jacks or anything else and need the car every day so would rather pay for it to be done in one day rather than me taking several days.

Ah, see your point re the driveway... Tis a pity because the autobox is a fairly easy swap but it is messy.

Hopefully you get it sorted quickly then.

I think the following little extract from Michael's link tells all:

But as you can see I started that thread praising Hyper Sports for their work.

There are two sides to every story and that is the only poor experience of Hyper SR that I have personally heard.

I have been there three times now and cannot rate them highly enough. I also know that other people from the Lancashire area have used them and are very happy.