The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interpro - My Experience

AlanM

Went a wee road trip on Monday, and got some things done at Interpro, nothing spectacular, HID's fitted (amazing light they give off (especially the last 120 miles where I was on full beam most of the way), RLTC is fun as well and will be even more so when I get used to/confidence in it. And I got an oil/filter change as it was a 1240 mile trip.

The really excellent bit was they diagnosed and cured my vibration problem which I have had for the last 9 or 10 months (not a bouncey ass problem like a few on here, but quite a vicious front end vibration).

I was beginning to think it was coming from the back end as two local garages had ruled out everything at the front. I had put on a complete UK Spec brake system, replaced front wheel bearings, replaced offside flange, replaced offside upper wishbone and balljoint and all I succeedeed in doing was making the vibration more vicious and crisper. I was now getting so desperate that I have ordered new stabilser bars for the back and priced rear wheel bearings and flanges. I will do a post on what the problem was next week but feel it only fair to let Mr T (all these new parts came from Mr T) have a chance to respond before I post anything up about it.

Once they diagnosed the problem they had the parts supplied and fitted to the car within a few hours. Great stuff guys, the run home was superb, didn't realise the habit I had got in to of braking gently long before a corner to "ease" the vibration, was good to get back to smooth normal driving. Was a well worthwhile trip and was good to meet Jody and all the guys down there. Good to have a few brains to pick as well, very informative.

Hope the members on here appreciate that they have such a wealth of knowledge on their doorsteps, from Envy, CW right down to the south dotted about all over the country, nearly enough to make me want to live in exile (I did say nearly). I am gonna have fun getting round everybody before I go single at the end of the summer

Bought my RLTC in the first group buy and it included fitting, then a few things went wrong in my life for a period which meant I kept postponing going down, but finally made it :) Have gone to Hyper Sports & Racing and CW before and most likely will again, and as said I want to visit most of the guys in the next 2 or 3 months before going single