The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't get out of park. Immobiliser?

ads274

Started up the supe a moment ago, everything seemed ok. I went to put it in reverse but it wont let me change. The button goes in about half way and there is a clicking sound around about where the key goes in the ignition. What's happened?

Well i went back out and it worked fine. I then tried without my foot on the brake and it didn't work (of course). I fear you were both right :oops:

Let the flaming commence.

Why would you be flamed, you made an honest mistake. It is not your fault your special. :D

I remember I had trouble with my washers, and I got it fixed and then they stopped working phoned my mechanic telling of the problem coming back............................. It was just empty.

Why would you be flamed, you made an honest mistake. It is not your fault your special. :D

I remember I had trouble with my washers, and I got it fixed and then they stopped working phoned my mechanic telling of the problem coming back............................. It was just empty.

Hehe it makes you feel so silly but relieved at the same time that it's not a major problem!

I had a similar problem the day I picked the car up. went to get some petrol and when I got back into the car I couldn't start the engine. Fortunately I was only panicking for about 5 minutes before I realised it wasn't in Park (I'd put it in Neutral before trying to start the engine)

Mike

I had a similar problem the day I picked the car up. went to get some petrol and when I got back into the car I couldn't start the engine. Fortunately I was only panicking for about 5 minutes before I realised it wasn't in Park (I'd put it in Neutral before trying to start the engine)

Mike

I have done that, your heart sinks as you know in your mind that it was working a minute ago.

Mike

Been there. First day I had the supe. I thought id been sold a real piece of crap. F-ing and blinding......then remembered:d . I got a ribbing off my mate for that one.