The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your Opinions Matter

chilly

Over the last few months i've spent a couple of grand on doing up my n/a.

Including leather seats, bodywork, dash repray, calipers sprayed, service etc.

My car is still looking pretty much as standard, so i was looking to maybe getting a bodykit put on.

Iwas thinking about Greddy front lip, Bomex side skirts and some spats.

However, i reckon this will cost another grand.

With, the price of n/a's falling quite dramatically, is this a waste of money.

So, guys opinions please, there are pics in my garage.

Cheers

Depends if you look at your car constantly thinking your going to sell it next year or whenever. I spend lots on my car knowing im never going to get any of it back. But then the gf spends hundreds on clothes that she will definatly never get her money back on, so i see it as ok. if you'd like some bomex skirts i'll have some up for sale soonish

You'll never make money on tarting up cars irrespective of their street value.

Its the sentimental value that is holds on you thats important. If you've already spent the money on it that you've stated already, the car obviously holds a special place in your heart, and spending more on bodykits I'd summise is certainly not a waste. It sounds like your turning your car into a particularly nice example, so stick with it, and don't begrudge spending money on it :D

You are never going to make money modding cars unless you do it for everyone else and charge labour time!

I have had mine about 8 weeks and spent £700 on little bits really, lights, mats a bit of paint here and there.

It is what value you put on the enjoyment of having the car!!;)

H.

What i'm thinking though is having read some of the threads on unexpected things going bang like engines. I think i'm becoming paranoid due to it being 12 years old at some point something is going to go on it.

I am i suppose being tight but idont want to be paying off 3 grand on the visa, and the loan for the car, when for example the engine has blown.

Its my daily drive and dont have a load of pennies spare, like some of the other members.

If you're not going to sell yours, do it. You never make money back and if you're gona sell the chances are you will still spend money on the next 1. I know im not selling mine any time soon and love the car so I dont mind splashing what cash I can afford on doing stuff to improve looks and perfomance.

What i'm thinking though is having read some of the threads on unexpected things going bang like engines. I think i'm becoming paranoid due to it being 12 years old at some point something is going to go on it.

I am i suppose being tight but idont want to be paying off 3 grand on the visa, and the loan for the car, when for example the engine has blown.

Its my daily drive and dont have a load of pennies spare, like some of the other members.

Its a Toyota, it'll be fine:)

Yellow piant? :D

tw@t!! :D

The majority of the Supes that have gone bang lately have been TT. The NA is renowned for being mega reliable.

If you are unsure about your cash situation then wait a couple of months and see how things then....;)

H.

The majority of the Supes that have gone bang lately have been TT. The NA is renowned for being mega reliable.

even the tt is very very reliable and can go on for miles & miles if maintained properly ;)

if you plan on keeping it then its worth spending on it, my boys n/a has cost about 14k so far and no doubt some people will think i am mad:rolleyes: i probably am, but the end of the day he likes it, i like it so what the hell:D

even the tt is very very reliable and can go on for miles & miles if maintained properly ;)

Fully agree Maz. We are into a debate about reliable reliability at it's best.....:D

if you plan on keeping it then its worth spending on it, my boys n/a has cost about 14k so far and no doubt some people will think i am mad:rolleyes: i probably am, but the end of the day he likes it, i like it so what the hell:D

If you look at what some people waste money on, gambling, drinking, smoking, drugs!!:rolleyes: Actually spending it on a car is not that bad especially for the enjoyment you get out of it. Most people go out on the town......get leathered, have a curry, get a taxi home and whoosh............£100 gone and then you flush the majority down the bog the following morning..:(

Enjoy the car.....life is too short.

H.

Guest CoolsBlue

[quote

If you look at what some people waste money on, gambling, drinking, smoking, drugs!!:rolleyes: Actually spending it on a car is not that bad especially for the enjoyment you get out of it. Most people go out on the town......get leathered, have a curry, get a taxi home and whoosh............£100 gone and then you flush the majority down the bog the following morning..:(

H.

so true!