The mkiv Supra Owners Club

converter/delimiter

Guest nothingbetta

Guest nothingbetta

Just been looking for a converter and delimeter as my clocks are still n kph, I came accross one on ebay for £39 but the bloke says he cant change the digital ometer to mph because its stored on a locked processor chip! Has anyone heard of one of these kus its a first for me?Does anyone no how to change the digital display to mph?

Also does anyone have any old headlights I need some desperately!:)

Guest Geneb
Just been looking for a converter and delimeter as my clocks are still n kph, I came accross one on ebay for £39 but the bloke says he cant change the digital ometer to mph because its stored on a locked processor chip! Has anyone heard of one of these kus its a first for me?Does anyone no how to change the digital display to mph?

Also does anyone have any old headlights I need some desperately!:)

i got one off ebay for same price for my n/a it worked fine and you just cut a track on odo to made the KM disappear and it will count up in miles as was linked to convertor

What type of Supra do you have mate? NA/TT? Auto/Manual?

Cheap converters mess up the power steering and the auto gearchanges. The one from Thor Racing works well though.

It can change your odometer to add on in miles (not mph :)) but then you will have a confusing mixture of kilometers and miles. It's probably best to leave the odo alone so that it continues to add on in Kms.

i got one off ebay for same price for my n/a it worked fine and you just cut a track on odo to made the KM disappear and it will count up in miles as was linked to convertor
errr that's a bit of bodge. The Odo can be made to display the Miles legend rather than just disabling the Kms one.

Guest Geneb

Cheap converters mess up the power steering and the auto gearchanges. The one from Thor Racing works well though.

It can change your odometer to add on in miles (not mph :)) but then you will have a confusing mixture of kilometers and miles. It's probably best to leave the odo alone so that it continues to add on in Kms.

Jake mine TT Auto has got MPH clocks on it but when it says 30mph my gps says 24 at 70mph my gps is saying 60 any idea's?

Jake mine TT Auto has got MPH clocks on it but when it says 30mph my gps says 24 at 70mph my gps is saying 60 any idea's?
Fit a Thor DSC (if you don't already have one) and then adjust the rotary dial inside the DSC so the speedo needle matches your GPS at say 70mph. It'll be spot-on at all speeds then - well mine is anyway.

Guest Geneb
Fit a Thor DSC (if you don't already have one) and then adjust the rotary dial inside the DSC so the speedo needle matches your GPS at say 70mph. It'll be spot-on at all speeds then - well mine is anyway.

stupid question jake but where is the usual place for them to be fitted?

Guest nothingbetta

just seen what I wrote mph! lmao!

Chrz for the replies! Its a 1995 manual n/a, Im not too fussed about it showing miles on the clock instead of kilometers I'd rather Keep it on kilometers than it mix it all up as thats just confusing! The main thing is to change the clocks so its easier to read.The bloke off ebay said it will change the clock to mph and deristrict it easily and work fine but I dont want a boge job.Is there one that does this without messing up my power seering but doesnt add up in miles on the odemeter?

Guest nothingbetta
I've got the Thor job, and got Jody to fit it on my 95 Manual NA, the only annoying thing is I'm sure the car feels slower, as the needles not moving as fast... lol

Lol was just thinkin that 2day if it would look slower!

What have you had out of it since its been deristricted?

Chrz for the replies ppl!