The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels refurbishment in Bristol area

jaymdee

Anyone know anywhere local, who can be trusted to do a good job? Ideally I want to drop the car off and pick it up next day, with the wheels cleaned, repaired, and painted etc.

They are split rim, and really need to be taken apart to do the job properly and may need all the studs replacing, as they're quite corroded.

cheers :)

The only place I've found is in Hanham. Unit 22 in Hanham Business Park in Memorial Road. I haven't taken my wheels in yet, though. He's there on Saturday mornings. 07818 228519. Don't know about split rims, but I would think probably not.

Superlite in Gloucester refurb split rims according to their web site. Again, no personal experience, I'm afraid.

http://www.superlite-wheels.com/wheelrefurbishment.html

Performance Wheel Supplies in Blackpool definitely deal with split rims, and the quality of their work is top notch. I haven't got round to sending my wheels off yet, but that's where they'll be going!

Only trouble is it's about a ten day turnaround as they send the wheels to Germany! It may sound a bit excessive, but like I said they do a proper job - the lacquer isn't going to peel off after 6 months!!

Here's the number if you want to give them a try: 01253 347984

Was the place in Brum called Laptab? I rang them today but they said they wont do split rims:(

I will post up if i find anybody as well..

Yes it is Laptab. Won't be using them then, was going to ring tomorrow. Bugger, have to find somewhere else :(

• 1 month later...

Ive been trawling through sites for a while now and most cant do split rims even when they say on there website they can.

Laptab wont take split rims apart or put them back together but will do the everything else, Pristine are insane and want stupid amounts of money for a total refurb on 3 piece split rims and the chap i spoke to didnt fill me with confidence to say the least.

Waiting to here from Superlite as i emailed them today and ive spoke to these guys and they said yep they can do them but would need to see them before they would quote for the job.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/index.html

Im waiting to here from Envy as ive asked Gaz to give me price as they apparently can get them done.

Dunk