The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What should i do next ???

mplavery

Hi ppl

I just would like your thoughts on what i could do next with my car exterior wise..Was thinking of changing the wheels but im not sure.also maybe i TRD bonnet and spoiler maybe. Im hoping to change the lights to the Abflug copy lens which suprattgaz is doing...Every1 supra seems to be nicer then mine..lol

also if any1 can do photoshop of what they think, that would be great...

thanks for your time ppl...cheers :cool:

here some pics of it so far

Looks wise I'd suggest to get the lights sorted. Facelifted or the mega bucks Abflug ones will really transform it. Those wind deflectors look pants too (though perform a function if you smoke ;) )

Get rid of the number plate, thats a very bad position to put it!

Other than that, it looks fine, time to do what these cars are made for and make it perform well. Get a FULL service and get those suspension and brake components working as good as new :) Maybe a few opportunities to upgrade (be careful, aftermarket doesn't mean better ;) )

Looks wise I'd suggest to get the lights sorted. Facelifted or the mega bucks Abflug ones will really transform it. Those wind deflectors look pants too (though perform a function if you smoke ;) )

Get rid of the number plate, thats a very bad position to put it!

Other than that, it looks fine, time to do what these cars are made for and make it perform well. Get a FULL service and get those suspension and brake components working as good as new :) Maybe a few opportunities to upgrade (be careful, aftermarket doesn't mean better ;) )

i agree with the lights...thats the first thing on my list...i have the susp sorted..have tein coilovers and it has the large brakes option but i not to sure to upgrade them futher..had a full service as well due to doing the power run at turbofit at the end of the mth

i agree with the lights...thats the first thing on my list...i have the susp sorted..have tein coilovers and it has the large brakes option but i not to sure to upgrade them futher..had a full service as well due to doing the power run at turbofit at the end of the mth

Good stuff, big brakes are a nice bonus :)

When you say full service, do you really mean a full service? 99% of garages including one you might have mentioned do not actually do a Full service.

Before modding you should get a C service done, this is incredibly time consuming and any garage taking less than 6-8 hours doing one hasn't done it properly. It includes a re-shim, many seal repalcements, all fluids swapped and numerous other items. I think there are over 100 checks/mandatory replacements on the Toyota service sheet.

To this day I have NEVER known a garage do a full service to the letter of the service manual :(

Good stuff, big brakes are a nice bonus :)

When you say full service, do you really mean a full service? 99% of garages including one you might have mentioned do not actually do a Full service.

Before modding you should get a C service done, this is incredibly time consuming and any garage taking less than 6-8 hours doing one hasn't done it properly. It includes a re-shim, many seal repalcements, all fluids swapped and numerous other items. I think there are over 100 checks/mandatory replacements on the Toyota service sheet.

To this day I have NEVER known a garage do a full service to the letter of the service manual :(

oh i see...well i hope i have done the main bits safe for a dyno run anyways...done everything my self apart from timing belt

done oil & oil filter change, coolent change will be done with timing belt, spark plugs(uprated) fuel pump change(uprated) and timing belt going to be changed by whifbitz in a week or so and mybe decats if funds are ok

any other things i should do?

oh i see...well i hope i have done the main bits safe for a dyno run anyways...done everything my self apart from timing belt

done oil & oil filter change, coolent change will be done with timing belt, spark plugs(uprated) fuel pump change(uprated) and timing belt going to be changed by whifbitz in a week or so and mybe decats if funds are ok

any other things i should do?

There is a hell of a lot more than that mate, take a look at the service list for a C and you'll see what I mean :Pling:

For example one basic one missing from your list is the fuel filter.

was thinking of these wheels...mmmmm

[qimg]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/Jaero20Ruff20GM.jpg[/qimg]

Loving those wheels, they will transform the look of your already good looking supra. I do think that wheels like that should have the Larger Uk spec brakes behind them to complete the look. Also, I agree that you need either the facelift lights or Ab-Flug covers to bring it up to date.

You will then have a stunning supra as opposed to a very nice looking Supra ;)

There is a hell of a lot more than that mate, take a look at the service list for a C and you'll see what I mean :Pling:

For example one basic one missing from your list is the fuel filter.

Hmm - think I should consider a C service next time my service is due. Could do with a cambelt change anyway so may as well go the whole way.

Homer ... thanks mate i will check out the service sheet, once i done the fuel filter..i think once i have done the filter,i should be safe to do the dyno run...what you think??

Nic ... Thaks Nic..those wheels do look nice, how much they going for mate ???

Fishman ... Love the the pics mate, great help... those deep dish 5 spoke are on ebay going for about £500!!!!

Cable ... Not sure what wheels they are mate as they came on the car when it was imported, i do like them still but i facy some split rims maybe..or something in silver....

Thanks for your help every1..My C/card is in my hard buring my fingers at the mo..lol