The mkiv Supra Owners Club

audi vs supra

ballsdeep

how do guys, im looking into buying my first toyota supra but im staying safe with the non-turbo for now, just to get insurance down, im currently driving a audi a3 1.8t quattro 180bhp... whats the spec on the 3.0 n/a?

also am i best buying a cheap supra and putting aload of money into it her?? if so please give me some advise on what too buy!! 8K to blow!!!! first on my list is rims, suspension, brakes, exhaust, any ideas....

cheers

gaz

Why not get a TT to start with, I found that the insurance for a N/A and a TT were exactly the same, and I mean to the penny same :blink: 8K will get you a good TT probably an auto but dont throw away the thought of an auto until youve drivin one, they are pretty good :) I think a N/A is about 220bhp and TT are around 300-320 bhp although on paper it says that j-spec TT's are 280bhp people tend to find they are higher when dynod. Hope that helps and :welcome:

Guest Phillw454

Hi

I swaped my golf turbo for a NA not a hug difrence to 60 (gold was around 7 secs) id say my NA was abit quciker.

After 60 the supra just wants to keep going, 120 is easily achievable without trying to hard.

Think there around 220bhp stanard but this is more like 200 on a RR.

Alot of supras nowa days come with rims and exhuast.

Check the for sale section.

Oh and hi:)

It wont handle like like the A3 but makes up for it in many other ways> friends got an S3.

I would save the extra for insurance and get a TT or save for longer if you want a 6 speed. If mine was a daily driver i would have gone for the auto. Dont knock the auto until you have tried one.

dont get me wrong if i can get a TT manual uk spec for 8k then im laughin but i seriously doubt it unless i go for sumet thats done alot of miles, but im looking for sumet around the 50,000 mark.. and very tidy!!!!

can someone point me in the right direction for websites that specialize in tuning supra's or trade??

and the insurance im going to be paying is £1300 uk spec tt, or £1800 import TT

not bad for 21..

dont get me wrong if i can get a TT manual uk spec for 8k then im laughin but i seriously doubt it unless i go for sumet thats done alot of miles, but im looking for sumet around the 50,000 mark.. and very tidy!!!!

can someone point me in the right direction for websites that specialize in tuning supra's or trade??

no chance you'll get a manual uk for that mate, you'd be looking at £10k for a decent example i'd say.

as for tuning supra's and trade....it's all here mate. check out the traders sections and you'll be well on your way ;)

not bad for 21..

They are around the prices I got quoted when I first got mine :) was it from elephant/admiral by any chance. I searched for a UK for a little while and then gave up when I seen my current car in a show room, I had to have it, you'll find the right one eventually. But for 8K youll be looking at a TT j-spec auto probably standard ish aswell. Hope you find what your looking for though :)

With your budget I would go TT auto. If you are used to 180Hp in a relatively small car then I think the NA will disappoint you.

I have the Na and I love it to bits but i had never had anything over 140BHP....:rolleyes:

8K will get you a lot of Supra!!;)

H.

Guest joyrider
how do guys, im looking into buying my first toyota supra but im staying safe with the non-turbo for now, just to get insurance down, im currently driving a audi a3 1.8t quattro 180bhp... whats the spec on the 3.0 n/a?

also am i best buying a cheap supra and putting aload of money into it her?? if so please give me some advise on what too buy!! 8K to blow!!!! first on my list is rims, suspension, brakes, exhaust, any ideas....

cheers

gaz

I thought the quattro was the 4 wheel drive as in the S3 with something like 230bhp.

:rolleyes:

I thought the quattro was the 4 wheel drive as in the S3 with something like 230bhp.

:rolleyes:

it is 4 wheel drive but standard at 180bhp its the model down from the s3.. which has either 210bhp or 225bhp depending on the age! love it too bitz but i miss rear wheel drive and cant wait to get sideways. i had a bmw 318ti but wasnt the best of cars to try and power slide as it snaps back.. good for doughnuts tho!!!!!!! :eyebrows:

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
Welcome

I managed to get a 6 speed 1995 TT with 100k km on the clock for just under 9k

Thats a good price for a jspec isnt it!??

did you buy it in the uk or import yourself, did she come with all the mods??