The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoilerless Help

boombastictiger

Ok I have seen enough pictures and enough cars to know I want to go spoilerless..Might aswell give it a try. However what do I need to do? How hard is it? And where can I get these plugs that people have been saying to use?

What is involved when taking the spoiler off is it a simple job of simply unscrewing bolts?

EDIT: OK OK I HAVE GONE SPOILERLESS!!!! Took about 20 mins to get the spoiler off..Cleaned up the dirt that was left and tcut waxed it in black to try and make it look a bit shiny..There are some marks from the spoiler which I couldnt get rid of but apart from that im VERY happy :) ...Car looks alot more smooth and more classy..From the side it really does look hot hot hot...It does give you the impression that its a bit wider to...Oh yeah I got some grommits from halfords....I got a box of mixed however I needed 4 of 1 particular size but there was only 3 in the box so im going to get some more tommorow. ALso I need to get a oblong (spelling) shaped one for the middle hole....check it out tell me what ya all think..

The pictures really dont do it justice...In the pics it looks a bit naked but thats because of the angle I took them at and the slope on my drive....In real life it really does look beautiful...

10042007068.jpg

10042007073.jpg

10042007072.jpg

10042007071.jpg

10042007070.jpg

10042007074.jpg

Guest Phillw454

4 bolts the 2 fixings in the middle that unclip.

I did mine sunday:)

Farily easy, i duno about the plugs, i just used filler sanded down and painted over. Took less then 2 hours.

If you need any advice just drop me a pm

Oh yeah I got some grommits from halfords....I got a box of mixed however I needed 4 of 1 particular size but there was only 3 in the box so im going to get some more tommorow. ALso I need to get a oblong (spelling) shaped one for the middle hole....check it out tell me what ya all think..

QUOTE]

LOL i had that with the grommits today too. Got home started to fit them then realised i was one short:rolleyes: But with the center hole i just used the next grommit size up till i find a better fit. If i do find a good fit I'll let you know where i got it from.

Your cars looking good by the way fella:cool:

just to let you all know you can pick up the grommets from halfords, i believe the size you want to by is 6mm and 8mm. They managed to fit into the wierd oblong shaped hole...

The only problem I have now is getting rid of the stubborn marks left over from the spoiler....!!! How could I get rid of them marks? Metal cleaner? but then would it damage the paint?

I did this myself yesterday, i also removed the aerial and wiper arm. I like the look but will leave it for a couple of weeks before deciding fully.

It looks a bit tatty though as some of the clear coat has peeled under the spoiler but i would rather decide while its reversible if i like it or not ;)